The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, MICMAC said:

The number of Airdrie fans that are on all our social media pages saying we were beaten fair and square by a better team 🤔 thinking they are some kind of Barcelona tippy tappy team is laughable 😂

We were well off it but Airdrie weren't much better, the match stats reveal a different story though. We created enough to win the game but they scored and we didn't.

That ref shouldn't be anywhere near a game at this level again. There's better refereeing Saturday amateur games.

IMG_20240107_124835_582.jpg

The BBC's stats tell a different story.

Airdrie edged the first game through there by a single goal, but there wasn't a lot in it. However, yesterday they were miles better all over the park. They were much slicker in possession and got first contact on virtually every cross into their box.

Screenshot_20240107-175214.png

32 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Airdrie edged the first game through there by a single goal, but there wasn't a lot in it. However, yesterday they were miles better all over the park. They were much slicker in possession and got first contact on virtually every cross into their box.

It's also worth noting that Airdrie were winning for the bulk of the game. The onus was on the Rovers to create chances. They, broadly speaking, didn't. 

3 hours ago, pub car king said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see an exodus from Ross County which would benefit a few teams in the championship.  Adams doesn't rate the squad, equally the squad all think he's a dick.

In other moves I think Stevenson would do a job for us in this league allowing Dick to move into the middle as I think one of Watson and Murray will be injured at any given time. Also that O'Reilly will move on this window. 

Pacy direct winger who knows. 

Hopefully Laidlaw isn’t in the mix 🤢

Well If that is the last contribution we see from Dan O’Reilly in a Rovers shirt, then best of luck to the guy in his next move. 

Maybe being a bit premature here, but if truth be told if we were extending his deal I’d have thought it would have been done well before this point. 

Stood up and slayed the Pars whilst the Pars slayer, Sam Stanton, is on the treatment table. 

4 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Yep, that first match we could just have easily won 1-0. We hit the woodwork and missed a couple of other clear chances. Yesterday we did absolutely nothing after they scored and never at any point in time looked like we'd get back on terms. The scores might be the same but the two matches themselves were quite different. 

8 hours ago, JaketheSnake said:

Probably the remainder of the season then. 

Most likely.

Was actually hoping since he got Keith Watson and Corr so wrong it would actually only be a couple of weeks and not the 6. Hopefully get an update this week but any signings aside he’s key to reversing this slump.

Noticed QP are set to announce Callum Davidson as their new manager. Fantastic appointment if it comes to fruition and the last thing we need if he’s in before the weekend.

1 minute ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Most likely.

Was actually hoping since he got Keith Watson and Corr so wrong it would actually only be a couple of weeks and not the 6. Hopefully get an update this week but any signings aside he’s key to reversing this slump.

Noticed QP are set to announce Callum Davidson as their new manager. Fantastic appointment if it comes to fruition and the last thing we need if he’s in before the weekend.

Is it? Most St Johnstone fans said he was pretty inept even though he was girly successful.

I think a proven double cup winning SPL manager who’s still young would be a great appointment. With Paton they’ve got the firepower to be causing us issues on Saturday.

It was only their daft double sub at Hampden that meant we walked away with 3 points and not zero.

5 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I think a proven double cup winning SPL manager who’s still young would be a great appointment. With Paton they’ve got the firepower to be causing us issues on Saturday.

It was only their daft double sub at Hampden that meant we walked away with 3 points and not zero.

Or indeed, our daft red card that got us into trouble in the first place.

54 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Patons suspended I think for too many yellow cards and if the rumours of Thomas leaving are true his he gonna play and possibly risk injury and scupper any move 

4 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

anyone managed to do the stats on goals lost from cross balls yet ?

and if they have how many have come from our right and how many from our left ?

Not got a clue, but we must be the worst team in the country when it comes to conceding from balls into the box whether that’s from a cross/Free kick or corners apart from the last few weeks that’s all what we seem to concede from 

48 minutes ago, Raithie said:

He's suspended for Saturday I believe.

30 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Patons suspended I think for too many yellow cards and if the rumours of Thomas leaving are true his he gonna play and possibly risk injury and scupper any move 

Not likely, they were playing the 20th match when Paton got number 6, so the limit is 12 yellows as it’s beyond game 18. Is there another reason he be suspended?

26 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

anyone managed to do the stats on goals lost from cross balls yet ?

and if they have how many have come from our right and how many from our left ?

Last I saw, 15% from set pieces. The problem this year is open play.

3 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

That's great, but I was looking for the stats from crosses (to clarify) in open play.

It’s pretty easy to do it yourself from RaithTV highlights.