The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, mrraith71 said:

Just been called in for a shift tomorrow so will have to miss game. Does anyone know if livi will be streaming it? Then I can hopefully catch second half 

Livi is not offering coverage.

That's Dundee confirming Byrne won't be recalled and will stay with you guys until the end of the season.

Probably old news, but I know one or two of you were in our thread asking about this a week or two back.

13 minutes ago, mrraith71 said:

Thanks. Disappointing one. Will just need to rely on Twitter for updates 

RaithTV will be offering commentary, and at £5.99 a month for the Domestic Pass you also get access to all the library, which includes home games full match replays, plus some others. Absolutely smokes X/Twitter and is free if you’re a season ticket holder.

17 minutes ago, TxRover said:

RaithTV will be offering commentary, and at £5.99 a month for the Domestic Pass you also get access to all the library, which includes home games full match replays, plus some others. Absolutely smokes X/Twitter and is free if you’re a season ticket holder.

Echo that. Raith TV commentary is excellent and much better than Radio Scotlands open all mics nonsense too.

5 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Genuine question: who was the last youth player we mishandled* or released on a free that we ended up regretting? I honestly can’t think of one. If they were good enough, they would be playing for us or excelling in the lower leagues.

* not counting Vaughan’s Dumbarton loan. Shudder.

David Bates was a strange one. Not saying we regretted it from a player point of view but definitely from a monetary point as we gave him away for nothing effectively.

1 minute ago, Gregor147 said:

David Bates was a strange one. Not saying we regretted it from a player point of view but definitely from a monetary point as we gave him away for nothing effectively.

It paved the way for getting Jordan Thompson and Scott Roberts on loan so was arguably worse than nothing.

11 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’ve only ever gotten a supporters bus through to Livi, but this week me and my mate are taking the car are we better parking at the designer outlet car park or the multi story? 

Car parking at the Outlet Mall is 50p/hr cheaper than anywhere else.

48 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Are Raith TV streaming video for overseas viewers?

It’s shown as audio only, and nothing else has been said. I’d hope they’ll at least be given permission to film (so to speak) the whole match and make it available, as that would benefit Livi too.

54 minutes ago, renton said:

It paved the way for getting Jordan Thompson and Scott Roberts on loan so was arguably worse than nothing.

Jordan Thompson is an English Championship standard player!

I’m not sure Scott Roberts level. Did he find it?

Edit: aye, he did. Albion Rovers and now Broomhill. Still playing though.

Edited by Scary Bear

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Jordan Thompson is an English Championship standard player!

I’m not sure Scott Roberts level. Did he find it?

Edit: aye, he did. Albion Rovers and now Broomhill. Still playing though.

We are the biggest club he's played for.

7 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Genuine question: who was the last youth player we mishandled* or released on a free that we ended up regretting? I honestly can’t think of one. If they were good enough, they would be playing for us or excelling in the lower leagues.

* not counting Vaughan’s Dumbarton loan. Shudder.

I suppose Ross Laidlaw is the other one. Unlike Bates, nobody was that fussed about him going, but he’s managed to have a decent career since leaving.

I recall the club mentioning some stuff about fans (those idiot fans, whit they like!) not seeing the benefit of the Bates transfer. I suspect the ‘benefit’ was Thompson and Roberts. 

Edited by Scary Bear

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I suppose Ross Laidlaw is the other one. Unlike Bates, nobody was that fussed about him going, but he’s managed to have a decent career since leaving.

I recall the club mentioning some stuff about fans (those idiot fans, whit they like!) not seeing the benefit of the Bates transfer. I suspect the ‘benefit’ was Thompson and Roberts. 

Not just that we were oblivious to the obvious benefits. It was also all our fault for not funding the academy.

What a shambles Eric Drysdale was.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Are Raith TV streaming video for overseas viewers?

38 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It’s shown as audio only, and nothing else has been said. I’d hope they’ll at least be given permission to film (so to speak) the whole match and make it available, as that would benefit Livi too.

I may be wrong but I believe there are rules prohibiting clubs from streaming the Scottish Cup due to the broadcasting agreement so likely no video available anywhere.

24 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Not just that we were oblivious to the obvious benefits. It was also all our fault for not funding the academy.

What a shambles Eric Drysdale was.

What an incredible situation.

A reminder that the person who made the details of the deal public were our manager at the time in the red tops.

It really was the gift that kept on giving. When Bates moved to Hamburg, he tried to claim on twitter we'd see the benefits of the sell on clauses. The only issue was that he'd signed on a Bosman. 

9 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

I may be wrong but I believe there are rules prohibiting clubs from streaming the Scottish Cup due to the broadcasting agreement so likely no video available anywhere.

I was thinking there were some stipulations, but a review of the Scottish Cup rules simply reserves the commercial rights for the League, and states restrictions shall be distributed to the Clubs before the competition.

While I have watched a number of Cup matches on RaithTV, I can’t say if any were Scottish Cup in particular, and they would probably be required to share RaithTV revenues if it was done.

(In the case of Hibs vs Forfar, a news story does report that HibsTV doesn’t have the right to broadcast the match…but doesn’t say if it is Round specific)