The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

A guy not paying for 1883 membership telling someone who does, what to do with their membership 😂😂 honestly, brilliant.

In the end, the optics of just blasting out any exclusive is “look at me”. The majority of the Club 1883 members read and enjoyed the email without feeling a need to grandstand as the informer.

A summary was already posted by someone…good financial news for the half year…so what was the purpose of posting the entire thing? Yes, the vast majority of Club 1883 members are people doing it to support the club rather than getting exclusives, but you encourage participation by having a little exclusive now and then. If it becomes clear that any “exclusive” will be plastered across the town within a few minutes, you’ll get people who decide they’ll no bother joining, and perhaps a few that might slip out of the club.

So, @OhnononoGeordieMunro, you go right ahead, as is your right and your argument, and do what you like, but it’s not helpful to the club.

As for a square go, I’m not in town for the invite, but I’ll make a note to let you know when I’m available to try to talk a little sense into you…beating it in is strictly Option B.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

In the end, the optics of just blasting out any exclusive is “look at me”. The majority of the Club 1883 members read and enjoyed the email without feeling a need to grandstand as the informer.

A summary was already posted by someone…good financial news for the half year…so what was the purpose of posting the entire thing? Yes, the vast majority of Club 1883 members are people doing it to support the club rather than getting exclusives, but you encourage participation by having a little exclusive now and then. If it becomes clear that any “exclusive” will be plastered across the town within a few minutes, you’ll get people who decide they’ll no bother joining, and perhaps a few that might slip out of the club.

So, @OhnononoGeordieMunro, you go right ahead, as is your right and your argument, and do what you like, but it’s not helpful to the club.

As for a square go, I’m not in town for the invite, but I’ll make a note to let you know when I’m available to try to talk a little sense into you…beating it in is strictly Option B.

Thanks for reconfirming we have a different perspective on this, I wasn't aware.

I'm not yet a member of 1883 club, but the only thing I see that ohnonono got wrong was posting the details of the announcement on a public forum, although it was nice to see the figures of said announcement, maybe next time a PM might satisfy the nosey non members 😉   

Let's argue over what is fantastic news from the club. Massive upturn in finances with the work the new board have put in. 

Instead we should be discussing that IM has virtually stated that there's no chance of a player coming in before deadline day and something may happen on February. He better hope that Friday nights defending is better than recent weeks.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Let's argue over what is fantastic news from the club. Massive upturn in finances with the work the new board have put in. 

Instead we should be discussing that IM has virtually stated that there's no chance of a player coming in before deadline day and something may happen on February. He better hope that Friday nights defending is better than recent weeks.

Erm, we are infighting amongst ourselves over good news at the moment. Can you not sense the tone and refrain from bringing up trivial things like our continuing defensive crisis. 

Thanking you,

8 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Erm, we are infighting amongst ourselves over good news at the moment. Can you not sense the tone and refrain from bringing up trivial things like our continuing defensive crisis. 

Thanking you,

There is a defensive crisis at the Rovers?

41 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I'm not yet a member of 1883 club, but the only thing I see that ohnonono got wrong was posting the details of the announcement on a public forum, although it was nice to see the figures of said announcement, maybe next time a PM might satisfy the nosey non members 😉   

Fair point. It honestly didn't cross my mind that people viewed being in 1883 in that way, it is what it is.

I'll refrain from future trade secrets and definitely won't mention that we've signed Reagan Hendry.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Tx mate get a grip, wish I hadn’t asked for the news now, guy was just being nice and sharing with a fellow fan ,you have lost the plot even more than usual with your team selections and surely remember Scottish sarcasm with the square go and maw jibe  🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Been going too long

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Maybe he thinks you want a job doing well then do it yourself and pulling on the boots Fri night, still looks young enough to play 😂😂

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Those catering figures are insane, you're bringing in over 6 grand a game just on pies? 

Guessing “you fat b,tards”will be top of the dunfermline supporters song list when they visit Starks

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Tx mate get a grip, wish I hadn’t asked for the news now, guy was just being nice and sharing with a fellow fan ,you have lost the plot even more than usual with your team selections and surely remember Scottish sarcasm with the square go and maw jibe  🤦🏻‍♂️

Which is why I clearly suggested a talk with violence Option B, m8…that’s a Texas jape.

He was sharing with the world, as was mentioned above, a PM would be sharing with a fan. He’s made it clear he understands there are multiple opinions and views and suggests he’ll be more circumspect in future, so that’s all good.

As for team selections, it doesn’t matter now that Colin Steven has been assigned…play all the young laddies!

Edited by TxRover

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

If a guy passing on information puts people off investing in the club that they supposedly love, then they can f**k right off in my eyes but I feel you are making a mountain out of a mole hill my friend. 

Edited by A_Rover_In_The_Burgh

1 minute ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

If a guy passing on information puts people investing in the club that they supposedly love, then they can f**k right off in my eyes but I feel you are making a mountain out of a mole hill my friend. 

As I said, opinions vary, but copying and posting publicly was a bit of poor form.

43 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

These figures are excellent.

However, without wishing to rain on anyone's parade, the Scottish Cup income in the next quarter's figures will dip somewhat compared with last season.

The pies and sponsors will cover it…maybe…