The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If Murray goes, there's a ready made replacement in Tam Courts. 

Early start in a butchers shop.  Might be a bit tired taking us to far away midweek games like Morton or ICT....

If this game had been a few months ago, I wouldn't have been surprised to see us go with McGill and Matthews as full backs.  Fitzpatrick would've had a great time and the game would probably end about 4-4.  

However, we've been a lot more sensible and conservative recently and I expect us to continue with that tomorrow.  Going on the assumption that Watson was being rested, I expect a back 4 of J Brown, Watson, Murray and Dick.  This game is ultimately about keeping it tight and getting back to Stark's on Friday in a decent position.

The other end of the park is much more difficult to call.  You can make a case for almost everyone.  Interestingly, in all of the suggested line ups I've seen on here and from the guys on the podcast, nobody has suggested starting Easton.  That would've seemed like madness a few months ago but I totally get it.  I do get the feeling though that Murray has been resting him to unleash him on the play-offs.  He loves a big game on the tv and, if he turns it on, he could very well be the difference between the teams.  He did mention at the POTY ball that he's still been having issues with his back which would explain why he hasn't been at the same levels in the second half of the season.

6 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Early start in a butchers shop.  Might be a bit tired taking us to far away midweek games like Morton or ICT....

Wouldn’t be long before people would be calling for him to get the chop.

Whoever goes there will be needing to get them ready for the Championship after next season. Shambles of a club that are probably going to end up as a feeder club for Bournemouth and little else. 

Genuinely think Murray would be nuts to consider Hibs.  I get the connection he has with them but the club is a complete shitshow.  Couple of defeats in a row and the pressure starts coming from the stands.  

Alex Neil is probably a decent shout.

I’d imagine the Hibs job will be something Murray would absolutely be interested in.

He did go and interview for the Dundee job this time last year after all!

Ex player, ex captain, it all makes sense apart from the timing and his current contract.

If they put interim management in and we play well in the semis and final all of which is live on TV it’ll only boost his profile further. Same as what’s happened with McCabe, everyone in the Championship knew Airdrie were playing some nice stuff but after the diddy cup and playoff quarters it’s even more in the spotlight.

Alex Neil or Neil Lennon will get that job I’d imagine. As well as Murray has done with us, he won’t be very appealing to them had it not been for his ex player connections.

12 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Ray McKinnon all over again ahead of the playoffs 🤐

Don't get me started.

Completely derailed our QF 2nd leg against Hibs and look what happened the season after.

On 11/05/2024 at 20:43, SerieA said:

No more ticket pricing chat from me. Tickets bought and can’t wait.

Kev

Matthews  Watson  Murray  Dick

Brown  Byrne

Mullin           Stanton       Turner

Vaughan 

Think Murray will go a bit safe. I was even thinking about James Brown ahead of Matthews with the Fitzpatrick factor down our right and that’s why Mullin starts ahead of Connolly. But think with Matthews starting last few games at right back I think he’ll get the nod there.

Even though it’s 1st leg I still think Murray will want those impact subs in 2nd half if needed and with Connolly on the right, Easton on left and Smith and/or Hamilton up top they might be the difference against a tiring Thistle.

Almost