The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I didn't think Thomson was that old, even if he's not playing thought he would stay registered as a back up. 

Not sure I’d want to be a back up when Kevin D on one leg was chosen ahead of you for a game. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Bit more serious than boys will be boys, apparently the plane had to get turned round and he was arrested at Bristol. Will just wait and see what happens as an article should come out if what happened is true.

Never quite understood the mindset of those getting in scraps on the way to a holiday, surely to f**k you'd be in a good mood. 

Edited by HoBNob

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

😂😂

For f**k Sake young man what have you done. 

I would like to clarify I had thought the guy had just got too steaming. This is clearly not very funny now.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

13 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Not sure I’d want to be a back up when Kevin D on one leg was chosen ahead of you for a game. 

In fairness one leg was more than enough it was only the PARS we  we’re playing🙄

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd argue the opposite.

I think it would look very unorganised if the club were releasing statements every other day for individual players, particularly if you have other players weighing up their options.

The club will likely want to generate excitement and a buzz on social media with any contract extensions or new signings so it works better on that front too.  Otherwise you'll get folk speculating over players who have already agreed terms. 

I really don't think anyone can level a criticism at the club over a lack of clarity in news updates over the last year. The club are damned if they do, and damned if they don't on this front. 

Fwiw, Scott McGill has posted on his Instagram he'll be moving on. 

Glad they released signing statement now 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I think we might need to get busy with reveal videos as it stands we have 13 players signed. 

Sure we’ll be fine.

Hoping all players in discussion sign.

Potential of Byrne?Turner season long loan?Hanlon?Ashcroft season long loan?

Going to be interesting few weeks.

No real surprises in there. A shame about Masson and McGill, both rarely put a foot wrong but they weren't close enough to regular first team football.

No idea why we add the retained players in there, did anyone think for a minute that those under contract weren't going to be retained?

No real surprises from the released list. The Shaun Byrne one is interesting though as it says he has returned to Dundee but they already said he has been released. This could be a good sign though….

IMG_1737.jpeg

Just get Ross Mathews signed up "toot sweet"!. I'm sure that others will follow.

Shaun Byrne is indeed a strange one given Dundee announcing he'd left the club earlier in the season.

Byrne has technically returned to his club even if they have released him. We didn't release him so he wouldn't appear on our list for that. I'm also sure we are in discussion with a few players from other clubs, which would include Byrne, so they haven't been listed either so as not to give anything away