The New Raith Rovers Thread

Would have liked Chalmers, always looked a handful in our games against Ayr albeit Ayr fans seemed to feel he was quite inconsistent. Byrne, again would like him to sign on with us but think we've got stiff competition from Partick and Livi. Maybe it's another O'Reilly situation in that we're offering X year(s) and Livi/Partick maybe offering more job security. The fact he's not made a decision yet bodes well that we might be able to entice him to stay, I'm sure Potter will be like a dug with a bone with him at the moment.

Just now, Raithie said:

Would have liked Chalmers, always looked a handful in our games against Ayr albeit Ayr fans seemed to feel he was quite inconsistent. Byrne, again would like him to sign on with us but think we've got stiff competition from Partick and Livi. Maybe it's another O'Reilly situation in that we're offering X year(s) and Livi/Partick maybe offering more job security. The fact he's not made a decision yet bodes well that we might be able to entice him to stay, I'm sure Potter will be like a dug with a bone with him at the moment.

Chalmers doesn’t fit the mould of current signing policy either ex Townie  or hibs 🤣🤣 and aye if one man could convince Byrne too stay it’s potter 

There's a mention on the East Fife thread that we'll be providing the opposition for one of their player's testimonial in pre-season.

A wee trip along the Fife riviera on the train then a few beers sounds dandy.

Told them we'll need at least half of their end as well as we're massive nowadays.

I'd have definitely taken Chalmers at Raith. We have plenty attacking players but few outright wingers, would've added something different to the attack.

Not a surprise that chalmers would choose thistle over us, we have mullin and Connolly in his preferred position and they have an injured lawless . Would have liked him though but hoping Connolly can regain his spark from 2 seasons ago, he has struggled a bit since his injury and is on a long deal to move on. Think we were always in pole position for hanlon once Stevenson signed on. We are all fishing in the same pond .

If Byrne does move on, then it is what it is, I fully believe Potter, Murray and Barrowman have the right replacement lined up if he does go elsewhere, with Matthews signed, Byrne we dunno 🤷‍♂️ I reckon we need another 2 midfielders in 

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

There's a mention on the East Fife thread that we'll be providing the opposition for one of their player's testimonial in pre-season.

A wee trip along the Fife riviera on the train then a few beers sounds dandy.

Told them we'll need at least half of their end as well as we're massive nowadays.

Sure we have friendly against YM as part of Hannah deal

2 minutes ago, SerieA said:

We do, think another part of the deal was the YM get to keep the gate receipts as well.

1 minute ago, SerieA said:

The YM that we should try and turn into our B team. Relocate the plastic pitch to their park, relocate the Community Foundation and provide them with good young players. Get them into a higher league so our players can play against better teams. May be a bit far fetch but surely with changes in 2026 we need to look at how to keep everything under the Raith banner. 

18 hours ago, grumswall said:

Agreed. I know he has an account on here so would like to wish him the best in his next venture and thank him especially for the covid period where it was him and Davie, aswell as the others involved who really kept us all involved with the club through raithtv. 

Cheers fella 👊 COYR

13 hours ago, TxRover said:

Why, do you sell grass seed?

Hopefully Niall will still be able to contribute to RaithTV. Regardless, been a absolute gentleman when I've dealt with him over the past few years, and certainly bleeds blue and white.

Cheers TX 👊

I think Chalmers has something that we lack and it’s that wee bit of directness and pace. From our wingers signed, Dylan is a dribbler who tries to draw out defenders and get them to commit. Mullin is old school whipping the ball into the box and Connolly being inverted always likes to cut in on that left foot.

Pace is something we really lack and I think we need to add for next season.

On the Byrne front, I’d love us to sign him on again, his composure on the ball really helps to settle the team - but as folk have rightly said with Matthews and Broony staying then someone will have to miss out and we have other key areas to sort out with the remaining budget.

If Byrne was to go elsewhere I’d like us to try get in an absolute unit like the boy McBeth, who can play a bit too, to do the spade work in the middle of the park and give us a presence in there. 

Just now, renton said:

That's Kyle Turner released. Get him signed.

You'd like to think that everyone involved have been speaking to each other 🤞

3 minutes ago, renton said:

That's Kyle Turner released. Get him signed.

I think he will go to thistle. His last interview sounded like he wanted to be closer to home