The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Rover the Moon said:

The podcast is OK but a few of the contributors add absolutely nothing to the discussion yet still appear regularly.

Careful, or they’ll invite me…and you don’t want that, trust me!

2 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

The podcast is OK but a few of the contributors add absolutely nothing to the discussion yet still appear regularly.

I think in fairness there is a large pool of contributors to mix it up a bit more. That said it's probably not always that easy to round up people to record an episode, especially when it's 2 in a week typically Thursday to Sunday. 

I think you get different things out of different contributors ie: statistics or tactics and sometimes it calls on fans who have been going a bit longer who can remember 20-30 years ago because its relevant to the episode. 

Ultimately these are a group of fans who have got this thing up and running by themselves and are putting a lot of their own time and effort into it every week so more power to them. 

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

I think in fairness there is a large pool of contributors to mix it up a bit more. That said it's probably not always that easy to round up people to record an episode, especially when it's 2 in a week typically Thursday to Sunday. 

I think you get different things out of different contributors ie: statistics or tactics and sometimes it calls on fans who have been going a bit longer who can remember 20-30 years ago because its relevant to the episode. 

Ultimately these are a group of fans who have got this thing up and running by themselves and are putting a lot of their own time and effort into it every week so more power to them. 

I completely agree, you need different people to get a different perspective on the games. Some go to the games and some watch it on RaithTV. It’s nice to hear other fans opinions on things, even if some of them are a bit wild. 

The terrace podcast works well as there’s lots of people all sharing their opinions and thoughts. It’s just that the Ohnonono podcast is all about the rovers. There’s plenty other supporters podcasts about clubs that are the same 2/3 people talking about the club every week and tbh, I find them a bit boring. Same views week in week out. 

just before the podcast started I did have a thought about why there wasn’t a raith rovers one as many other clubs have them. 3 days later these guys cropped up!! I am one of the strange people that like to watch the podcasts and I quite enjoyed the quiz. I’m pretty sure I would have ended up last but maybe that’s why I’m not on it! 

45 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

I completely agree, you need different people to get a different perspective on the games. Some go to the games and some watch it on RaithTV. It’s nice to hear other fans opinions on things, even if some of them are a bit wild. 

The terrace podcast works well as there’s lots of people all sharing their opinions and thoughts. It’s just that the Ohnonono podcast is all about the rovers. There’s plenty other supporters podcasts about clubs that are the same 2/3 people talking about the club every week and tbh, I find them a bit boring. Same views week in week out. 

just before the podcast started I did have a thought about why there wasn’t a raith rovers one as many other clubs have them. 3 days later these guys cropped up!! I am one of the strange people that like to watch the podcasts and I quite enjoyed the quiz. I’m pretty sure I would have ended up last but maybe that’s why I’m not on it! 

There's always @Yaboicblyth... 😂

12 hours ago, Offshore Rover said:

Strangely enough I had exactly the same thought.  I had started to think about maybe doing one myself but as I mentioned I don't really have many mates who are Rovers fans.  I know Robbie a wee bit through twitter interactions and he was someone I had thought about reaching out to about starting a podcast so it was no surprise when he was involved with the one that started up.

34 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Folk that are picky about font will be delighted.

To be fair it does look awful.  Now we can just concentrate on the Craiglea Timber Frames sign being off centre.  Must be a nightmare for anyone with OCD.

2 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Is the strip getting revealed tonight now, based on what they just put on Insta?

Looks like it. Thought it was a bit strange to put it out at a time when folk couldn’t really buy it in time for a match, so hopefully this means we can grab it tomorrow before the trip to Stirling on Saturday.