The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Yes.

So basically what you're saying is that Murray gets sacked and the next day we appoint a new manager. Yip, that'll have gone down well, not.

1 minute ago, MICMAC said:

So basically what you're saying is that Murray gets sacked and the next day we appoint a new manager. Yip, that'll have gone down well, not.

It’s what everyone thought was happening to be fair!

4 minutes ago, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

I know imagine wanting our club to not be an embarrassing shambles. Madness.

Aye, cos sacking our CEO while we need to find a manager would fix all our problems 🤣

Just now, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

So we don't allow underperformance anywhere bar the CEO's office. Got it.

I don't think you do. We don't sack the CEO while still trying to replace the manager because then you have 2 vacancies and the recruitment process is thrown into chaos. You judge the CEO once the replacement has been made along with the journey to make the appointment and that's when you can make an informed decision based on performance. Hysteria and panic don't do anything to help resolve the issues we currently have. 

1 minute ago, MICMAC said:

Yes, that is exactly what should have happened, If the board had really been "considering it for a while". Having an idea of who you'd like is not a plan, it's like me divorcing my wife because I'd like to date Scarlet Johansson... 

We have been totally destabilised as a result and it looks like there is a high probability that we will end up with a poorer manager than we had in the first place. 

Looks more and more like the knee jerk decision Barrowman said it wasn't with each passing day. All because of what? 

Unsurprised the David Healy deal fell through. The link was only ever made due to the links between raiths wealthy benefactors and healys links to organised crime in the criminal underworld of Belfast. Raith have probably dodged a bullet with this one, in more senses than one. 

1 minute ago, renton said:

Well, in any event we won't have a manager now in all likliehood until after the international break.

Theres no rush, we've as much chance now of winning the league than I have winning the lottery, one more season in the Championship till they get everything in place wont kill anyone,

Or is it a case of get to the Premiership just to sell there stake in the club at a profit, then move on to their next project 

6 minutes ago, renton said:

Well if you are going to f**k your reputation by sacking a guy one game in, you may as well be consistent about it and have his replacement tapped up.

Exactly. The sensible thing would've been to have it ready to go. It's not uncommon in football. The interview with Barrowman I. The aftermath suggest that might be the case. 

Events have clearly transpired against us here, but the situation was avoidable. 

3 minutes ago, smokie29 said:

Unsurprised the David Healy deal fell through. The link was only ever made due to the links between raiths wealthy benefactors and healys links to organised crime in the criminal underworld of Belfast. Raith have probably dodged a bullet with this one, in more senses than one. 

Aye, f**k off Rebus.

The Rovers could have tapped up Healy as much as they wanted, but there's nothing stopping him doing exactly what it appears he did - changing his mind at the last minute.

Leven and Healy are both valued very highly by their clubs - it's entirely possible Rovers had both deals lined up and ready to go only for their respective clubs to upgrade their offer at the last minute.

Edited by CALDERON

4 minutes ago, smokie29 said:

Raiths wealthy benefactors 😂 we'll craic the jokes

9 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Wage bills normally dictate who finishes where, and unlike last season, no other team will be dwarfing ours. 

Not sold on that as plenty of evidence in football argues otherwise but we had everything to lose last season and it fell apart when we spent more and tried to strengthen in January

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The Rovers could have tapped up Healy as much as they wanted, but there's nothing stopping him doing exactly what it appears he did - changing his mind at the last minute.

Leven and Healy are both valued very highly but their clubs - it's entirely possible Rovers had both deals lined up and ready to go only for their respective clubs to upgrade their offer at the last minute.

According to the reporting, Healy applied to us for the job

Just now, CountryBumpkin said:

Not sold on that as plenty of evidence in football argues otherwise but we had everything to lose last season and it fell apart when we spent more and tried to strengthen in January

Last season was definitely an opportunity, but I'd be very surprised if whoever wins the league this season ends up with more points than Dundee United did last term. It was the highest total since Rangers won it in 2016. 

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

According to the reporting, Healy applied to us for the job

Won't be happening now anyway, he's just signed a new contract until 2026