The New Raith Rovers Thread

34 minutes ago, Gregor147 said:

Lol, does it? Is that why it's called it? 

Every day a school day if so...

If thats the case then membership fees should recover £30k per annum which should cover some pies every fortnight and see the club get a healthy donation each year.

Wins all round IMO.

The club area in the South Stand is only licensed for a maximum of 80 people, membership was capped accordingly.

Originally in the 1960's? and 70's there were lots more as there was more space.

3 hours ago, Jilted John said:

£150 a year seems pretty reasonable assuming it’s open for friendlies, cup matches, playoff games and league fixtures. Would work out at about £6 odd a game.

It's a bit of a bummer for long standing members who work shifts or offshore and don't have season tickets.

If they're going to sit everyone down for a pie and a cuppa at half time, it'll be struggling to accommodate more than 40.

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Back in the day, did the 200 club not have entertainment etc on at the weekend maybe still do of course

Indeed it did when first formed and the bar had the name of the Golden Goal with a large photo of Gilzean's winning headed goal from the England game at Hampden in 1964. It was very much the place to attend in the mid to late 60's for a night out for couples of various ages with dances every Saturday night and (if I recall correctly) a light supper. The club was the brainchild of Bert Herdman who having visited the first ever social club in a Scottish football ground, (the Bankies at old Kilbowie Park) saw the potential of having one in all the unused space under the main stand. Bert had been appointed the club's development officer after being sacked from the managers job of 17 year's service. He was also responsible for the first club lottery back then.

Edited by embow

Guys sounds like we are imploding ...patience is needed. We have to just let it take the time it needs.. We may have and maybe will lose a great opportunity this season but I felt the team aren't performing right and aren't putting the ball into the net enough..a low amount of chances created. It was always going to be difficult with or without Murray...Maybe Mcglynn leaving was a mistake. He knew a player and got a tune out of them. But there are other good managers out there. Just got to get someone who can provide modern tactics...get the best out of the team.. Play attractive creative successful football. We have the basics there..Good professionals ...good young players. We were 7th 2 seasons ago...and now we are gutted we aren't top....Need to put things into perspective. Keep believing and supporting our team .as we can't do much else .

13 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Can you delete this before a certain Bulgarian based supporter reads it please?

sorted it foryou aresole. put you on my ignore list. hope never to hear from you again.

john potter gave nothing away in his pre match interview. said injury list looking better but didnt mention any names of players who might not play other than suspension and didnt even mention that player

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Can you delete this before a certain Bulgarian based supporter reads it please?

On 28/08/2024 at 11:50, Varna Rover said:

f**k you turd. 

the last few days i have been taking a lot of ofstick from trolls on this forum and lost my temper and i used some pretty bad language. i offer my apologies to all except those in question and have added them to my ignore list.

Edited by Varna Rover

1 hour ago, Varna Rover said:

the last few days i have been taking a lot of ofstick from trolls on this forum and lost my temper and i used some pretty bad language. i offer my apologies to all except those in question and have added them to my ignore list.

Honestly mate you just need to learn to ignore it and move on.  I know it's annoying at times but ultimately it's only banter.  Shite banter yes but shite banter is better than no banter......most of the time.

3 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Honestly mate you just need to learn to ignore it and move on.  I know it's annoying at times but ultimately it's only banter.  Shite banter yes but shite banter is better than no banter......most of the time.

thats why i have put them on my ignore list mate,

2 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

thats why i have put them on my ignore list mate,

You post 16 hours a day.

Maybe do something else for a bit and you won’t get so worked up. It’s a free to use football forum and we’re talking about Raith Rovers. More important things in life.