The New Raith Rovers Thread

I have a sneaky suspicion we'll give the job to Paul Smith. Which will be disasterous IMO, in-house appointments very, very rarely work, it's nigh on impossible to go from being someone the players can have a laugh and a joke with to the manager. He's hardly got a good previous record either.

The following people will be the ones touted, by the fans at least: Paul Smith, Colin Cameron, Billy Brown, Danny Lennon, Craig Brewster, maybe even Jimmy Nicholl as he's out of work. None of whom are exciting prospects to be perfectly honest.

This is all assuming McGlynn goes, which is looking likely.

I was warming to the idea of Billy Brown, because he's obviously been in the game for long enough to not be naive about various things, but then again he's never managed before,

Eh,apart from an interim period as manager of Hearts McGlynn hadn`t managed before

I've seen a couple of mentions on *sigh* FanTalk, of Mickey Cameron coming along to assist a new manager, as well as playing. Is there any evidence to suggest there's any chance of that happening? Has Mickey been taking his coaching badges, and is he likely to be free to move? Is he getting a game at Dundee, or is he keen to leave for first team football?

Whats the big deal with having coaching badges?FS,McGlynn took coaching badges and the first part was how to set cones out properly for a training session :rolleyes:

I don't think I'd be happy with Brown, it's not a great excuse, but he doesn't talk a lot of sense, imo.

Correct,a bollocks excuse.Alex Ferguson talks pish on a regular basis but somehow manages to be the manager of Man Utd

I'd be happy with continuity, so Paul Smith

Cheap option but not the answer IMO,punted from the mighty Stenhousemuir and did he not get his jotters at Berwick as well?

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Craig Brewster

No, No, No and NO! The man is useless, I have a pal who is an Inverness fan and have heard only bad things, even when he was seemingly doing well in his first spell and his record at Dundee Utd speaks volumes. He would be a disaster.

I don't want Paul Smith, due to the old 'assistant manager not doing well' chestnut. I would not be adverse to Billy Brown but I would prefer somebody who has first team managerial experience.

I can't make my mind up about Brewster. He wouldn't be anywhere near my first choice, but if he was given the job it wouldn't surprise me if he did quite well. More than likely he'd be pretty shit though.

Choosing Brewster as manager would be like bringing Claude Anelka back to Raith Rovers.

Me too.

He's proven at this level is he not?

Jimmy C is a very decent manager in my opinion. A lot of Pars fans hate him because of the mess he left the club in but you can't really blame him for that. He was given money by the chairman and he spent it, nowt wrong with that.

Can we discuss the haddies who actually have a snowball's chance in hell of getting the job? Jimmy Calderwood is fancying himself as a Championship/League One manager methinks, don't think he'd even take any SPL job outside of the OF and Hibs. Not a chance we could afford him, even if we wanted to.

And I agree with those who say Brewster would be a disaster, it's just inevitable he'll be linked with us and he'll probably apply.

John Hollins

Paquito, I am sure he is an assistant manager or coach at a lower-league spanish club.

John Robertson

Gary McAllister

Steve Paterson

Ok a few farfetched names but why not speculate... everybody else is.

John Hollins

Paquito, I am sure he is an assistant manager or coach at a lower-league spanish club.

John Robertson

Gary McAllister

Steve Paterson

Ok a few farfetched names but why not speculate... everybody else is.

Robertson: God no! :lol:

McAllister: Couldn't afford him and I'm sure he would want a bigger club.

Paterson: Washed up and sacked by Peterhead nearly two years ago.

I'm just glad you aren't on the board :P

"PAQUITO, CALDERON. PAQUITO, CALDERON"

I dunno what the tune is from.

Concidering how Calderon left the club I would rule out a return. Add to the fact he is doing a fairly good job as Huesca (sitting 13th out of 22) in the Spanish 2nd tier a possible return can be pretty much discredited.

Robertson: God no! :lol:

McAllister: Couldn't afford him and I'm sure he would want a bigger club.

Paterson: Washed up and sacked by Peterhead nearly two years ago.

I'm just glad you aren't on the board :P

Ach, I was simply gauging opinion and flagging up a few unemployed managers. You are however possibly right about the above three...

Paul Smith is part time supposedly, so if he wasn't willing to give up his day job that would rule him out. I'd be unsure on that appointment anyway.

I'm guessing Levein will keep Billy Stark as U21 manager? But if he didn't, for whatever reason, I'd have him in a heartbeat.