The New Raith Rovers Thread

The million dollar question is......

After Pat Clarkes decent debut, how many games will it take for him to be "McGlynned"

I reckon we'll get 2 more displays where he's full of energy & commitment, then he'll blend in with the other dross.

Is McGlynn really this incompitent - or has he just lost the dressing room?

Falkirk looking at 3rd division players is football that bad ? There is far better players playing in the 2nd mcmanus is better than any of them work rate brilliant,great finisher and takes defenders all over the place. mckenna also great finisher, and his 2 passes on sat for mcmanus was brilliant. Rory was great player for us but lazy and hot headed.

Thats all fine and well pal, but you're in the wrong thread.

The million dollar question is......

After Pat Clarkes decent debut, how many games will it take for him to be "McGlynned"

I reckon we'll get 2 more displays where he's full of energy & commitment, then he'll blend in with the other dross.

Is McGlynn really this incompitent - or has he just lost the dressing room?

This^

For those claiming that McGlynn is incompetent or lost the dressing room...what position do you think we should be in the league given players and resources at Starks Park? I don't think given what we are working with due to budget we'd be much higher than we are now. Maybe closer to Livingston and Partick at a push but certainly no higher than that. Serious question - would be interested to know where folk think we should be.

Edited by roverthemoon

For those claiming that McGlynn is incompetent or lost the dressing room...what position do you think we should be in the league given players and resources at Starks Park? I don't think given what we are working with due to budget we'd be much higher than we are now. Maybe closer to Livingston and Partick at a push but certainly no higher than that. Serious question - would be interested to know where folk think we should be.

I'd be far more accepting of the position we're in if we looked like putting up a fight, or at least created a few chances so a couple of these 1-0 games might swing our way. There's a reason they virtually always go the other way though: it's because we're rubbish. It's more the acceptance of defeat and doing next to nothing to resolve our problems that annoys me, rather than our league position.

We should be a mid table club. I'd settle for being where we are if I was being entertained for my 17 quid.......even just occassionally. But this is brutal to watch - it reminds me of the Heatherston days.

The number of players we have is down to his decision. The standard of players we have are down to his decisions. Playing players out of their natural position is his decision. The tactics are his. The stubborn pursual of tactics which do not work is down to him. The lack of any consistent line up or formation is down to him. Training, or the apparent complete lack of it, is down to him ( some of the stuff we witnessed on Saturday was no better than schoolboy football ). The insane expectation that if we do exactly the same thing in the next game there will be a different outcome is his. Playing certain players no matter how off form they are is down to him. 11 players in our own box at every corner inviting constant pressure, yet teams still get several free headers every game. Not giving our own youth players a chance........ Bringing kids on loan from other clubs - and then either not giving them a chance, or droping them when they appear to everyone else to be doing better than our own bunch on non-triers......

Stop making excuses for him. There are none any more.

Better still. I've given a dozen negatives, that we are forced to watch every week - but can you name 3 positive things that Johns done in the last 12 months?

Edited by p&b is a disgrace

Serious question - would be interested to know where folk think we should be.

Left yourself wide open there ...

Looking at the last 10 years (as opposed to your glittering Bayern adventure) I reckon Raith are in the thick of where they deserve to be. Not trying to be a smart arse, honest! On their day Raith could beat anyone in the league (your 10 men against Ayr were very impressive early in the season) but your small squad makes you prone to getting pumped frequently like (not by!!!) many teams, including Ayr.

In an ideal world I'd like to see Ayr and Raith both escape the drop, but it looks a rocky road for us at this stage.

Edited by Hotelandywalker

Better still. I've given a dozen negatives, that we are forced to watch every week - but can you name 3 positive things that Johns done in the last 12 months?

His record in the league over the last 12 months is Won 13 Drawn 8 Lost 18. So he's not lost 21 games and lost 18. So obviously struggling to find any positives in those results at all ...

He's even won 5 games this season so again obviously no positives there...

Oh and we're currently NOT in the relegation spots. Obviously no positives in their at all...

And our Ayr friend says we battled well with 10 men only to concede a late goal. He's right. I was at it. But no positives there either or on boxing day when we competed well for a point Or at that game at Firhill where restricted Thistle and took the 3 points. Nope. Nothing positive.

So I'm afraid you've got me. Nothing positive at all about the last 12 months.

This season has been pretty brutal so far but ignoring the difficulty of both budget cuts, the loss of Tade and the hangover from not going up last year and blaming everything on McGlynn is nonsensical.

Out of interest who would you replace him with that would turn things around and lead us to mid table? And how would you finance the double wages we'd be paying for the new guy and McGlynn?

Cold harsh reality is we're fucked financially which is having as much impact on what we're watching on the pitch as McGlynn is having. It's no surprise that Ayr have been joined by Queens and us down near the bottom. Money talks.

I was kind of hoping for a mid table finish, but its quite the opposite. This is the worst Raith team i have witnessed since the lowly second division days, surely you can see that there is no urgency or fight anymore, you're defence of McGlynn is commendable, but he has totally failed to deliver this season and i 'm quite literally fed up of it. His contract ends in the summer, and a good few players will be too. If and when they leave won't worry me in the slightest. Happy to help.

We should be a mid table club. I'd settle for being where we are if I was being entertained for my 17 quid.......even just occassionally. But this is brutal to watch - it reminds me of the Heatherston days.

The number of players we have is down to his decision. The standard of players we have are down to his decisions. Playing players out of their natural position is his decision. The tactics are his. The stubborn pursual of tactics which do not work is down to him. The lack of any consistent line up or formation is down to him. Training, or the apparent complete lack of it, is down to him ( some of the stuff we witnessed on Saturday was no better than schoolboy football ). The insane expectation that if we do exactly the same thing in the next game there will be a different outcome is his. Playing certain players no matter how off form they are is down to him. 11 players in our own box at every corner inviting constant pressure, yet teams still get several free headers every game. Not giving our own youth players a chance........ Bringing kids on loan from other clubs - and then either not giving them a chance, or droping them when they appear to everyone else to be doing better than our own bunch on non-triers......

Stop making excuses for him. There are none any more.

This

Even giving our lofty position in the league last season a fair proportion of our our performances were rotten but at least,well the majority of the time the team looked committed,passionate,hungry and all other well known footballing cliches.Stats for Jan 2011 to Jan 2012 for me does not make for good reading

McGlynn showed his managerial capabilities with his team selection against Dunfermline at East End Park

I was kind of hoping for a mid table finish, but its quite the opposite. This is the worst Raith team i have witnessed since the lowly second division days, surely you can see that there is no urgency or fight anymore, you're defence of McGlynn is commendable, but he has totally failed to deliver this season and i 'm quite literally fed up of it. His contract ends in the summer, and a good few players will be too. If and when they leave won't worry me in the slightest. Happy to help.

And this

McGlynn showed his managerial capabilities with his team selection against Dunfermline at East End Park

Aye, let's judge him on that bad selection whilst conveniently overlooking a 2nd division championship and a run to the SC semi final.

Let's also forget about him making us a credible force again playing in the 1st division where we belong and judge him solely on a team selection that was honestly made but didn't quite work.

Anyone who expected anything more than a struggle this season is seriously deluded.

Good selective quoting Andy but I`m not judging him on one bad selection or one game.Used the Dunfermline game as an example due to its high profile .I don`t have time to list all other games where he has shown his limited managerial capabilities.p&b post sums it up for me though

Anyone who expected anything more than a struggle this season is seriously deluded.

Not deluded as I expected a struggle this season,jesus I`m auld enough and been following the Rovers long enough to know that but theres struggling and struggling.again see p&b post

I do doff my cap in your support of McGlynn,something I feel is dwindling from the masses

Good selective quoting Andy but I`m not judging him on one bad selection or one game.Used the Dunfermline game as an example due to its high profile .I don`t have time to list all other games where he has shown his limited managerial capabilities.

p&b post sums it up for me though

Not deluded as I expected a struggle this season,jesus I`m auld enough and been following the Rovers long enough to know that but theres struggling and struggling.Again see p&b post

I do doff my cap in your support of McGlynn,something I feel is dwindling from the masses