The New Raith Rovers Thread

If you were a real fan you would have sold the bairn for spare parts on the South American illegal donor organ circuit.

He comes in handy for sweeping lums.

BTW, I kept his tears in a jam jar to remind him how heartless some b*****ds can be.:wub:

If we do keep all three it would be interesting to see a front line of Casa and Clarke with Baird further back - but we can all dream....

Indeed.

I think if we'd been unsuccessful in our bid to keep Walker and Smith from Hearts, 4-3-3 would be a serious option. As it is, I expect those two playing wide and our usual brand of two deeply sat CMs in Walker and Hamill.

Imagine... not one, but TWO players who we can lump the ball at with a decent chance of one of them actually holding it and doing something.

Indeed.

I think if we'd been unsuccessful in our bid to keep Walker and Smith from Hearts, 4-3-3 would be a serious option. As it is, I expect those two playing wide and our usual brand of two deeply sat CMs in Walker and Hamill.

Imagine... not one, but TWO players who we can lump the ball at with a decent chance of one of them actually holding it and doing something.

Don't, you'll have me swooning soon....

if baird stays till the end of the season now theres no reason we cant climb the table with that potential frontline. the board have seen dwindling crowds and excitement about the club and are probably looking to speculate to acumulate a little with this signing but hats off to them and all concerned.

edited to add: really wish i could make the game tomorrow even more now but ill have to settle for beating the shippy.

Edited by grumswall

If he is half the player he looked in his loan spell then he'll be a good signing. Having the choice of him, Baird, and Clarke up front

would be as good an option as any other side. Logically though you have to imagine that Baird is on the verge of leaving and there is also the worry that at times it looks

as though we won't score no matter who we have up front such has been the dire nature of our play. Despite this at least we all have a bit more hope to cling to now.

it could actually be a good signing defensively aswell as we have really needed someone who could win a ball in the air in our own box for a while, plus the 90 yard dash and goals always nice aswell

Edited by grumswall

if baird stays till the end of the season now theres no reason we cant climb the table with that potential frontline.

Eh, how about the lack of service they are going to get? Messi couldn't score for us with our midfield and tactics at home.

I'm worried that Dunfermline are coming for Davie McGurn to solve their goalkeeping crisis. That would be us really screwed.

Eh, how about the lack of service they are going to get? Messi couldn't score for us with our midfield and tactics at home.

I'm worried that Dunfermline are coming for Davie McGurn to solve their goalkeeping crisis. That would be us really screwed.

i didnt really have messi down as the poacher type, i actually thought he was more a creative player so i would disagree with that. it may give the players a bit of a lift to see a bigger signing being made aswell sorry for being a little optomostic though i didnt want to ruin your evening.

would Mcgurn actually want to go full time when hes coming to the end of his career? hes got his future to think about in that regards.

Edited by grumswall

i didnt really have messi down as the poacher type, i actually thought he was more a creative player so i would disagree with that.

We can bring as many poacher types ( and of the best quality ) to Starks Park as we want - but without service they wont score. Even a very creative player would struggle to score as they'd need to do everything them selves.

So, on reflection, I think you actually meant to say that you agree with me. Right?

We can bring as many poacher types ( and of the best quality ) to Starks Park as we want - but without service they wont score. Even a very creative player would struggle to score as they'd need to do everything them selves.

So, on reflection, I think you actually meant to say that you agree with me. Right?

Sorry to interrupt again (I've been enjoying reading this thread and realising "It's not just us"), but grumswall makes a very valid point about Messi. Would Messi struggle to do everything by himself in Division 1? I hate to think what Messi would do to us :blink:

He's 31. :rolleyes:

so hes only got say another 5/6 years or so? compared to the 12 or so hes already played?

nope :P messi would score in this team simply due to the level of player hed would be playing against he does it against much better players, creating a chance for himself and then finishing it so i fail to see how playing against anyone in the scottish first division would be any trouble to someone being touted as the best player ever.

are you not glad the board have invested some money to try at least and give the manager more options so that the team may benefit?