The New Raith Rovers Thread

That was probably something to do with the non-existant centre of midfield for most of the game.

Whilst we were poor in there, not being where he should be is something that happens in every game Joe Hamil plays. I know he isn't a wide player, but when he's played there he is all too often found in the middle and giving the opposition too much space down their right.

Joe Hamil is a constant annoyance - he is good with the ball at his feet, but his positioning and tendency to drift out the game frustrate the life out of me.

Edited by Michael W

The thing is, Joe has talent but he's too lazy to use it as often as required. I think if we played him in centre midfield as the playmaker and passer he would excel, especially next to Walker who will put in the graft and tackles.

We should definitely be looking to bring in a left winger on loan or maybe even attempt to play G.Anderson and Callahan (Murray seems to be attempting to turn him into a wide player) on the wing with them rotating wings. Or try playing Donaldson on the wing with G.Anderson. It's highly unlikely but I reckon it could work.

Trading Update

Figures not for last season, but the season before.

Paying out a lot of win bonuses without ever actually winning anything obviously cost quite a bit of cash, and I'm sure that mistake won't be repeated (or at least, not quite so badly).

Net debt was £1.4m.

Good news is that we have nearly doubled our season ticket holders from last year, apparently!

We all knew we had a financial disaster in the 10-11 season, and that's nothing more than confirmation of it.

We've already had our shot at the board for it, but the early indications are that lessons have been learned. We won't know for sure until a couple of years from now. Well, at least not officially.

Whilst the figures in the article don't make for good reading, we have been made well aware of this by the board and they come as no surprise. Also we are well aware of the measures they are taking to address the financial situation so hopefully we'll see an improvement on these figures (if not on the quality and size of the playing squad) in the next results release.

Also, and what i feel is the most important point, the transparancy of the clubs financial situation, IMO, encourages the fans to help out as much as they can. We don't have mega rich owners, we couldn't liquidate to get rid of the running costs and stand any chance of holding on to our stadium, history and league position. Our only route out of this is to raise more money than we spend.

Due to personal circumstance, I know I'm not going to make it to every game this season but I know the club needs money so I bought a season book. I paid in to the pre season friendlies, signed up for the lottery, and will make an effort to buy 50-50 tickets and Programmes when i never really bought these before. All small things but if every one of the 1500 or so spent an extra few quid a game then it would certainly make a difference to the figures over the course of a season. The transparancy highlighted above and the honest stance of the board through the most disgraceful period of Scottish Football history makes we more willing to part with my hard earned than I maybe have in recent years.

Due to personal circumstance, I know I'm not going to make it to every game this season but I know the club needs money so I bought a season book. I paid in to the pre season friendlies, signed up for the lottery, and will make an effort to buy 50-50 tickets and Programmes when i never really bought these before. All small things but if every one of the 1500 or so spent an extra few quid a game then it would certainly make a difference to the figures over the course of a season. The transparancy highlighted above and the honest stance of the board through the most disgraceful period of Scottish Football history makes we more willing to part with my hard earned than I maybe have in recent years.

Absolutely. I'm a skint student but I've made a concious effort to help out with an extra few quid each home game, through a couple of quid worth of 50/50 tickets and a pie or something. I play the lottery too and although I haven't won anything it isn't really the main reason I play it. All in all you're looking at £40 each month, hardly a massive amount but it'll help the club so great. This time last year when we were all feeling negative it's probably something I wouldn't have done - shows the benefits of positivity, and of course Turnbull's comments over Newco helped a great deal too.

Speaking of Turnbull, is it just me or is this "Turnbull Day/Sell-out Saturday" going to fall flat on its face on Saturday? I'm quite sure we'll probably get about 100 people who support Celtic/Hearts/Dundee United or whoever at the game, and the money would be massively appreciated obviously.. but I don't really see it being a substantially bigger crowd than usual, really. I'll be surprised if we're much higher than 2000. Always the danger some tube who doesn't know of the whole thing seeing a boy in a Celtic top and lamping him too.

Speaking of Turnbull, is it just me or is this "Turnbull Day/Sell-out Saturday" going to fall flat on its face on Saturday? I'm quite sure we'll probably get about 100 people who support Celtic/Hearts/Dundee United or whoever at the game, and the money would be massively appreciated obviously.. but I don't really see it being a substantially bigger crowd than usual, really. I'll be surprised if we're much higher than 2000. Always the danger some tube who doesn't know of the whole thing seeing a boy in a Celtic top and lamping him too.

I'm not even aware of such a day.... :unsure:

Still gonna try and get along on Saturday but due to aforementioned commitments may not make it. Hope there is a good turnout though.

I know a Kirkcaldy based Celtic fan (Grrrr) who went along to one of the pre-season games and thought it was "pretty gid!" I expect he will be back again throughout the season and hopefully eventually see sense.

With a bit of luck, the stance of TH over the summer we will see a few more of these which will benefit the Rovers hugely over the long term.

It's been a long time since I've been proud of the principles shown by my club and the proudest I have been to be a Rover since the early to mid nineties. I'm sure I'm not alone and this pride will result in a financial boost to the club.

Absolutely. I'm a skint student but I've made a concious effort to help out with an extra few quid each home game, through a couple of quid worth of 50/50 tickets and a pie or something. I play the lottery too and although I haven't won anything it isn't really the main reason I play it. All in all you're looking at £40 each month, hardly a massive amount but it'll help the club so great. This time last year when we were all feeling negative it's probably something I wouldn't have done - shows the benefits of positivity, and of course Turnbull's comments over Newco helped a great deal too.

It won't sell out a stand, but even if it did bring through a hundred or so that would help a little. Far more worrying was the fact that over on the glorious fields of information that is Fantalk, people were questioning whether they'd go down to see some bikeshow down the beach as opposed to going to the game. Typical that the club takes one of the most prolonged stances against NewCo and some people are considering dropping the Rovers for something else. rolleyes.gif