The New Raith Rovers Thread

And also, has the Falkirk thread been locked because one of their fans didn't want to talk about the game anymore?

It would appear so.

To continue the goalkeeper discussion...

I don't think there's any chance of Laidlaw keeping his place, and I'm of the opinion that that is entirely correct. If you've got two experienced keepers then you can keep one in place until he makes a mistake, but when you've got your Number One and an understudy then I think it's only right that the former regains his place, without trouble, once he's fit again.

I dont for one second want to belittle the work the guys have done for the whole Hall of Fame thing, but... Iain Davidson?

Really?

Decent enough servant, but Hall of Fame?

I couldn't believe that he won the vote, but he did apparently. I'm heading along tomorrow night all the same, hopefully it'll be a good night.

I'd have McGurn back in too, provided he can prove his fitness.

Even if Laidlaw did play on Saturday, it's almost inevitable that he'll end up being dropped for McGurn soon after and I'd rather not see us head down that road again. I also suspect Murray will still be all too aware of the burnt fingers he got last time he played a youngster in the derby, so I imagine he'll pick McGurn if he's back in time.

Just rescued my tickets for Saturday from the bin.

"You were at the football yesterday so I thought they were for then,"

WOMEN!!!!!

:D

I hate all ticket games coz I'm shit at remembering where I put things and usually spend half an hour raking through pockets & drawers on matchdays hunting for the tickets I put in a "safe place"

Davo for the hall of fame... Really? Fair enough he put in alot of appearances for us but there are alot more players who contributed more as players than he did. Who else was on the list?

Davo for the hall of fame... Really? Fair enough he put in alot of appearances for us but there are alot more players who contributed more as players than he did. Who else was on the list?

Think of the players from the 00's on it was he, Ellis, McGurn, Campbell and Walker. To be honest I'd have had all of them before Davidson. But hey, it was a public vote, and I didn't vote so I can't complain.

Looking forward to tonight all the same. Will Gordon Dalziel be there to accept his place I wonder? He always says he wants nothing to do with the club so it'll be interesting to see if he turns up.

I think it's down to the crazy decision to have somebody representing each decade, Davo was there throughout most of the "naughties" and to be fair to him he was one of our main players during what was a pretty terrible decade.

Whereas in the 90's (I'm not sure who is the winner) you have to choose one from Nichol, Dalziel, Colin Cameron, Stevie Crawford, amongst others,or the entire 27/11/94 team.

Think of the players from the 00's on it was he, Ellis, McGurn, Campbell and Walker. To be honest I'd have had all of them before Davidson. But hey, it was a public vote, and I didn't vote so I can't complain.

Looking forward to tonight all the same. Will Gordon Dalziel be there to accept his place I wonder? He always says he wants nothing to do with the club so it'll be interesting to see if he turns up.

Agreed any of the other players mentioned would of been far better shouts. Suppose people that voted will be in the "look how committed he was" etc etc, Ellis had 3 spells at the club and a great servant tho like yourself and didnt/couldnt vote so suppose cant pass judgement

Id expect someone to pickup the award on his behalf be shocked if he turns up. The guys behind the scenes deserve alot of credit for getting this setup sounds like it will be a good night

I voted for Sparky myself. The guy always gave 100% and improved our defence massively when he first game in. His reception up at Dens at the quarter final was incredible, the celebrations involving him and Tade and the end of the game against the Pars even more so. For the guy to come back in only a few weeks before and to score a goal in a derby , where most other players would have been forced to retire, was phenomenal. The guy was an utter tank. There was a brilliant photo of him and Tade in front of our fans at the end of that game, the two most unlikely heroes, but sadly it looks to have been culled with the rest of the data from the old official website (which, I incidently wish was still online)

The 200 Club will be open for tomorrow's game to let non-members in to have a look around at the fantastic work done by 200 Club members and committee.

Drop by for a wee refreshment in the warm environment pre or post match.

Introduce yourself to me too if I don't know you. I'll be the big gormless looking chap helping out in the bar.

The 200 Club will be open for tomorrow's game to let non-members in to have a look around at the fantastic work done by 200 Club members and committee.

Drop by for a wee refreshment in the warm environment pre or post match.

Introduce yourself to me too if I don't know you. I'll be the big gormless looking chap helping out in the bar.

Good stuff, I'll pop in for a pint when I drop my son off for his ball-boy duties around 6:45

Cheers

Anyone at the hall of fame night last night? It was a good night, with some great laughs and some touching moments as well.

Yep, really good night, thoroughly enjoyed it. Some very funny stories and one-liners. Big well done to everyone involved in organising it, must've taken a hell of a lot of time. Great fundraiser for the club.