The New Raith Rovers Thread

I highly doubt you'll make anything tbh.

Can just imagine the Celtic fans "Here lads, buy a half and half scarf for the last 16 of the champions league with Juve, or a 5th round tie against Raith?

They'll be lucky to sell double figures.

If we make a couple of quid profit it'll be worthwhile Grant. You've got to try to make a buck if you can surely? And Juve or the Rovers? Nae choice, the Rovers every time.

If we make a couple of quid profit it'll be worthwhile Grant. You've got to try to make a buck if you can surely? And Juve or the Rovers? Nae choice, the Rovers every time.

Definitely, I applaud Raith in their venture to squeeze every last inch of coin out of this tie, in times when money is tight it makes sense and I suppose Raith have to be commended for coming up with this idea. I'm just doubtful that many people will buy into it.

Is it any more "selling out" than Dunfermline allowing Old Firm fans to have the entire of their fabled "north west" stand when they come to town?

I'll say it slowly so you can understand it.

Those scarves are fucking horrendous & won't sell. They are also a horrendous idea given your clubs stance in the summer.

Stop trying to justify it! :lol:

one cup tie already,one pending,live on TV,Celtic have sold out their allocation of tickets,hospitality,two players sponsored by celtic supporters and we`ve thrown in half and half scarfs for the full set.done not too bad from celtic this season

you`d almost think there was a tad of jealousy from some dunfermline supporters in their times of trouble that we`ve been fortunate to be drawn against celtic again which will bring in a healthy wad.never mind you may get us in the next round surmising you get past hamilton :P

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Those scarves are fucking horrendous & won't sell. They are also a horrendous idea given your clubs stance in the summer.

:lol:

The scarves are horrendous, I certainly wont be buying one. But others will - i saw a few people wearing them on Saturday at the match. Probably not in large numbers, but some people will buy them. If it makes us any money at all, then its a worthwhile business venture.

But what has selling scarves got to do with the Rangers situation exactly?

:lol:

The scarves are horrendous, I certainly wont be buying one. But others will - i saw a few people wearing them on Saturday at the match. Probably not in large numbers, but some people will buy them. If it makes us any money at all, then its a worthwhile business venture.

But what has selling scarves got to do with the Rangers situation exactly?

Where your now chairman was rightly lauded for refusing to bend over & take it up the orinoco from Sevco in exchange for a few bucks.

It would appear that fleecing OF fans for sub-standard shechty products is hunky dorey now.

We are all Turnbull Hutton.......erm wait a minute.......

one cup tie already,one pending,live on TV,Celtic have sold out their allocation of tickets,hospitality,two players sponsored by celtic supporters and we`ve thrown in half and half scarfs for the full set.done not too bad from celtic this season

you`d almost think there was a tad of jealousy from some dunfermline supporters in their times of trouble that we`ve been fortunate to be drawn against celtic again which will bring in a healthy wad.never mind you may get us in the next round surmising you get past hamilton :P

Aye you've done not bad from cup ties I'll grant you. It's a hard one to call, take the OF cash & probably a humping with your town being turned into the set of the Walking Dead for 24 hours.......or the reasonable chance of progressing to the next round (or getting humped!) making absolutely zero money from a depressingly turgid home tie against a team from the same league.

Think I know which one we would probably prefer just now!!!

Might be bollocks but thought I'd mention it.

Was in the 200 club after the Hamilton game. Few guys saying we've signed Stevie May on a pre-contract for next season. If true would suspect Graham will be away in the summer.

Yes the scarves are horrible, every one agrees on that.

HOWEVER, shouldn't you as a Pars fan be giving more thought to EEP's "small" problems, and the real guddle your team is in rather than rambling on, ad nauseum about a scarf?

Edited by Wee Sandy

Was in the 200 club after the Hamilton game. Few guys saying we've signed Stevie May on a pre-contract for next season. If true would suspect Graham will be away in the summer.

If this is true then I will not be happy, May has been a great addition to the club and I would fully expect Billy and the club to be in first to get him for next season.

I really don't want us to go back to McShane, it's so infuriating and frustrating to watch him.

Yes the scarves are horrible, every one agrees on that.

HOWEVER, shouldn't you as a Pars fan be giving more thought to EEP's "small" problems, and the real guddle your team is in rather than rambling on, ad nauseum about a scarf?

Well excuse me, I thought this was a public forum where fans from all clubs could discuss things.

1358944427[/url]' post='7009190']

Well excuse me, I thought this was a public forum where fans from all clubs could discuss things.

Quite right get him telt, your rapier like wit and repartee would be sadly missed on here...f**k off indeed .....

Would be a great signing, even if it's probably unlikely.

It'd need a radical change in our style of play if we were going to get the best out of him though.

Would be a great signing, even if it's probably unlikely.

It'd need a radical change in our style of play if we were going to get the best out of him though.

Seems strange, thought we were cutting back on F/T players. :unsure:

Would agree that BG is away, he came here for a 2 year f/t contract, which I doubt we can offer again.

Aye you've done not bad from cup ties I'll grant you. It's a hard one to call, take the OF cash & probably a humping with your town being turned into the set of the Walking Dead for 24 hours.......or the reasonable chance of progressing to the next round (or getting humped!) making absolutely zero money from a depressingly turgid home tie against a team from the same league.

Think I know which one we would probably prefer just now!!!

you`ve not been to kirkcaldy often its like the set from the Walking Dead every day :lol:

it is actually a hard one to call, taking the OF cash and a horsing or a winnable game and progress to the next round.our board will be happy with this tie.