The New Raith Rovers Thread

There's also talk today of attempts to push through play-offs involving 11th in the SPL and 2nd, 3rd and 4th in this league. That'd definitely encourage me to buy a season ticket as we'd actually have something to play for.

You know for a fact that greedy c**t Gilmour at St Mirren won't go for it, that'll mean probable relegation as they finish 2nd bottom quite frequently.

You know for a fact that greedy c**t Gilmour at St Mirren won't go for it, that'll mean probable relegation as they finish 2nd bottom quite frequently.

It would only need Ross County to change though, St Mirren's vote doesn't matter a jot if the other 11 are unanimous.

Stuart Anderson appears to not be returning.

Source?

I'd assume it was true anyway, the guy commutes from Aberdeen everyday. The fact that he's been out of the team while Murray assesses Cllachan and Vaughn sent a pretty strong signal of his intent as well.

Who can actually say they'll be that surprised if Dunfermline do start hoovering up players like Spence?

This sort of thing has been on the cards ever since administration was achieved.

They'll be back as brass necked as ever next season.

I certainly won't, although you imagine Spence will be a fair bit cheaper for them than the likes of Barrowman or Kirk, and it's not like they will be going part time either, so fi rumours are true that we are, then they'll still have greater spending/pulling power than us.

I honestly wouldn't mind Spence signing for us, but I have my doubts he will for a few reasons;

1. we may not be here next season

2. we don't know what league we'll be playing in yet if we do survive

3. we don't have new owners so JJ has no budget or guarantee that we'll stay FT

4. Spence came on trial last pre-season before he signed for you guys and JJ rejected the chance to offer him a contract - could he be interested now? I'm not sure.

I will predict he will re-sign at Raith as he sounds like he has enjoyed his spell at the Club this season going by his Twitter feed while at the POTY awards etc. I also see no reason, unless he is unaffordable which seems unlikely to me, why Murray wouldn't want Spence to stay as he is your second top scorer this season with (I think) 10 goals.

Stuart Anderson appears to not be returning.

Source?

I'd assume it was true anyway, the guy commutes from Aberdeen everyday. The fact that he's been out of the team while Murray assesses Cllachan and Vaughn sent a pretty strong signal of his intent as well.

Should have said in initial post but its on his twitter.

post-40613-13672465264855_thumb.jpg

Should have said in initial post but its on his twitter.

Bit cryptic, if he's Cryuff then who's Heskey? (or if he's Heskey, then who's Cryuff.... you get what I mean)

Shame to see him go, but it was probably inevitable. Still, at least he has a sense of humour about it.

I honestly wouldn't mind Spence signing for us, but I have my doubts he will for a few reasons;

1. we may not be here next season

2. we don't know what league we'll be playing in yet if we do survive

3. we don't have new owners so JJ has no budget or guarantee that we'll stay FT

4. Spence came on trial last pre-season before he signed for you guys and JJ rejected the chance to offer him a contract - could he be interested now? I'm not sure.

I will predict he will re-sign at Raith as he sounds like he has enjoyed his spell at the Club this season going by his Twitter feed while at the POTY awards etc. I also see no reason, unless he is unaffordable which seems unlikely to me, why Murray wouldn't want Spence to stay as he is your second top scorer this season with (I think) 10 goals.

Is Jefferies likely to be the Pars manager next year anyway? I thought he was looking to retire?

Edited by renton

Is Jefferies likely to be the Pars manager next year anyway? I thought he was looking to retire?

He has said a few times he's waiting to see what transpires over the coming days and weeks before he makes a concrete decision, but, it was reported in the Daily Record last Friday that he's said he wants to stay but will wait to see if new owners come in first, and if so who, before making a final definitive decision.

Dissapointing, especially if we are keeping Walker at his expense.

Was good to see an Aberdonian playing for the Rovers!!!

Will be interesting to see who else is away. Hopefully Spence stays, he said on twitter he wants to so hears hoping.