The New Raith Rovers Thread

Pleasantly surprised to see Murray making a decent attempt at addressing our midfield issues.

Assuming McGurn puts pen to paper I reckon we need a good centre half to replace Mensing, a left winger (Cardle please) and 2 strikers and we'll be looking alright. Ideally I'd like a left back as well but I expect us to start the season with Donaldson playing there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Good signing. That's now two new CMs brought in - pretty much what everyone wanted.

Difficult to see Walker remaining at the club now. He was a great servant to the club, though last season really wasn't a classic from him in terms of performance. Perhaps making him captain was a poor decision, but he really didn't play well enough for most the season and probably doesn't deserve a new deal based on that.

I'll be really surprised if Walker signs on again now. It might still happen, but you'd have to assume that before Murray gets around to considering another central midfielder (either new or re-joining) he'll have sourced at least one more defender, winger and striker.

I feel a little bad for Walker because he is one of the longest serving players at the club and the current captain (although he's never seemed to be overly skipper-like, looking down from the stands, although I realise that's hardly the place to judge from) but it's not the economic climate for sentimentality. He may well struggle to get another full-time club. I wonder if a return to Livingston is on the cards.

Again don't know much about him but if we're playing with Moon and Fox then we can surely expect the 'stuffy', 'hard to play against' etc cliches to totally die out.

A 4-5-1 may not be out of the question with Callachan involved too. Not sure I'd fancy Spence up front on his own though.

Murray definitely seems to be attempting, through his signings at least, to change our style of play and that can only be encouraging.

A wee sneak peak in to what we could possibly expect from Kevin Moon this coming season...

Seems very comfy on the ball, if he's half the player we hope he is he'll be the signing of the season. Thanks Dutch.

welcome to raith liam, i thought mcgurn had already signed need a good centre half now , whats marvin doing haha come on ye raith , plus a striker, good with his head

Playing for the Fife's Finest 7s champions. 8)

Playing for the Fife's Finest 7s champions. 8)

Technically he didnt join until the 2nd transfer window opened :P suprised he actually played at all on that pitch. Shout out to Jock McStay playing for Fifes Finest and scoring from the halfway line lol

It's went a bit quiet since the Fox signing... We were told to expect more news with Ellis and Smith sorting it out while Murrays away.

Im inpatient, c'mon get us telt some news!

Anyone heard any rumours at all?

It's went a bit quiet since the Fox signing... We were told to expect more news with Ellis and Smith sorting it out while Murrays away.

Im inpatient, c'mon get us telt some news!

Anyone heard any rumours at all?

Thought that Craig was interested when Graham was going to Partick and his dad had said that he still had unfinished business at the Rovers, still had a point to prove.

Hope that's the case

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app