The New Raith Rovers Thread

I always thought of the captain as kind of like a supervisor in the 'real' workplace. Someone who takes any issues players may have regarding training, the dressing room, tactics, whatever, to the manager's door, and helps implement any new ideas etc. As such surely rules out any part-timers like McGurn.

Having said that I don't think any new player should be captain so for me it has to be Jason Thomson. Ellis is the only standout but is a coach so it defeats the purpose really. Thomson hasn't been here particularly ling but he's still turned out in more than 50 games, will hopefully remain here for a good while yet, is an automatic starter anyway and seems to be a popular figure in the dressing room.

Callum Booth confirmed. It's a season long loan, too, which is excellent. No chopping and changing in January.

Doesn't hit the byeline at all which really bugged me, he always cuts inside to have a pop at goals or a diagonal ball into the box. Thought Talbot was much better than him when he came back from injury. Also waits till the ball comes to him before he runs with it, never seemed to take the initiative and make a run to have the ball hit to him.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Doesn't hit the byeline at all which really bugged me, he always cuts inside to have a pop at goals or a diagonal ball into the box. Thought Talbot was much better than him when he came back from injury. Also waits till the ball comes to him before he runs with it, never seemed to take the initiative and make a run to have the ball hit to him.

He'll hopefully fulfill the criteria of a Rovers left back - don't cross the half way line and never, ever get ahead of the left winger.

In the daily record hotline today a mr Craig Begg has written that the Rovers are living beyond their means and are going to be the next team to go into admin. What's that all about. We have just replaced the players we have let go so far so don't know what he's on about.

In the daily record hotline today a mr Craig Begg has written that the Rovers are living beyond their means and are going to be the next team to go into admin. What's that all about. We have just replaced the players we have let go so far so don't know what he's on about.

Who the hell is Craig Begg, and why do we care?

It's on the record that guys like Hill took a pay cut to stay. I'm reasonably confident that I know what walker was offered and that it was far less than he was willing to accept - to the point where he went to the papers complaining that we are all about 'cuts, cuts,cuts'

Of the three guys we've signed so far, two were playing in div 2 last year, and are trying to push on and get back to the level they used to play at, they won't be commanding huge wages anywhere right now.

It would simply not be in charactere for Hutton and Caira, after several years of cuts, to suddenly go wild.

Edited by renton

Considering the statement TH put out last week to say that we are still sticking within our budget and not pushing the boat out I wouldnt take much notice of the article

:lol: you have just got to laugh sometimes. Cut back after cut back for years now, players moaning they aren't getting enough money from us, bringing in part time players and our directors coming out and saying we shouldn't expect any extra money from last season or this season to be invested in the squad. Not to mention we have got rid of/lost to other clubs, around 6 or 7 players and replaced them with 3 and a loanee. Yes, sometimes you just have to laugh.

What Mr Begg said in all its stupid glory...

Craig Begg, Kirkcaldy said "With Rangers and now Hearts in trouble, the new SPFL should be looking at Raith Rovers and they way they're spending out with their means. They are an accident waiting to happen and I feel for all the true Rovers fans. Scottish football needs to get real"

I agree most likely a Sevco nugget but he fails to mention Dunfermline being in trouble so outside chance he's a jealous townie