The New Raith Rovers Thread

Totally agree.

Murray has earned an extension and we should be looking at giving him another 2 years. This should be the catalyst for starting the negotiations with the rest of the squad. We have a number of players who could play at a higher level and it's important we secure them so at least if they do go, it's not for nothing.

Our cup performances over the past few years (inc this one) should mean we are as able to offer financial deals in this league comparable with anyone. As has been rightly pointed out, there should be decent money available next season too even if we fail to get promoted.

I'm sure the board are aware of this though! Not panicking yet :)

Yep, give the manager another contract 'first and foremost', no doubt he deserves it. Thus far an excellent job.

There's nobody in the current squad I'd be looking to get rid of at this stage but if we do look at extending contracts I'd get Elliot and Moon done as soon as is possible, probably Cardle and Watson too. They're the most likely (Dundee anyone?) to be poached I imagine. I'd certainly also be looking to get Callum Booth on a pre-contract in January, although understandably he'll probably want to wait to see what Hibs do about his contract situation, particularly with a new manager.

I think Booth is contracted with Hibs until 2015, so no pre contract unless Hibs decide to free him. I can't see that happening though as I think Butcher is sharp enough to have taken note of his performances for us this season and will probably take him back to Hibs next summer to give him a fair crack of the whip at cementing a first team spot there.

Agreed Murray should get 2 year extension as he has performed above expectation in every competition this season and was knocked out both cups last year by Celtic, his signings have all been excellent and we are playing some great football for the first time in a ages. He has shown no undeserved loyalty to his former team mates and anyone not pulling their weight or making the grade was out the door in the closed season we can't afford passengers in our team. I would love to see us sign up a few on longer term contacts so Murray can try and build on this team the signs this season are certainly positive and promotion although difficult is not impossible this season if we can continue to perform. Long may it continue :thumsup2

Edited by San Starko Rover

Raith have announced they've made a profit of £81,350 for the last financial year. Congratulations, good to see a Scottish Club making a profit and heading in the right direction. Hopefully more positive financial news can come out of other Scottish clubs over the next few years and we see our game move forward in the right direction. Well done, again.

Lots of positive talk over the past page or two, which is nice to see. I was thinking of starting a thread - 'There's a good feeling down Stark's Park Way'.

Should you make that thread....there will be a queue of people (Raith Fans) Looking for you.

.....but not in a good way ;)

Excellent news. The club is once again making all the right noises. Turnover was always going to be up, but a 4.5% reduction in costs is pretty impressive given the (subjective) improvement to the squad.

I would've liked a wee bit of detail on the whole Stark's Park situation, but that's nitpicking, really.

If we'd made a loss last season, we'd have been as well calling it a day and giving up.Once again, the value of not being papped out the cup by dross early doors shows its worth.

Very good results for us, and hopefully we can use that to pay down some of that debt. With reconstruction, I'm looking for more good news this time next year.

We're not out the woods yet, but we're on the right track.

Excellent news. The club is once again making all the right noises. Turnover was always going to be up, but a 4.5% reduction in costs is pretty impressive given the (subjective) improvement to the squad.

Correct. Decreasing costs is exceptionally positive news, especially by such an amount. Our cup runs this season should hopefully cover what have been poor attendances as well - and not just in the home end. It's amazing what happens when you beat the shite teams in the cups...

All very positive stuff at the moment. We'll have to get pumped on Saturday to stop all this happiness.

Edited by Paco

Well done Rovers!

Compliments for transparency by publishing it on the main website. A very interesting reading. This all gives hope for the future. Not only sportive but also financially the club is heading in the right direction. With the good cup runs this year plus extra money coming in from league construction this seasons result could be even better (and I even didn't mention possible play offs).

Well done board, players, staff and everyone else involved in the club. Very much an example how a football club should be run.

Fantastic news that we've made a profit.

Just come across this on eBay (read the description), http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-signed-raith-rovers-football-shirt-this-season-/261339299122?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Football_FootballShirts&hash=item3cd9093d32

I hope the ex boyfriend bids for it :lol:

Edited by Martin

All very positive stuff at the moment. We'll have to get pumped on Saturday to stop all this happiness.

I don't particularly like the sound of this player suspensions thing, over in the cup forum.

Smudger deserves a decent deal too. Great servant to the club as player and now coach under two managers.

He's provided the continuity on the management side during the handover from McGlynn and given his own experience as the main man at the why aye man rangers must be an ideal sounding board for Murray.

No forgetting Laurie... I've got hee haw to moan about, I've no felt so +ve about the Rovs since 1/2 time in Munchen.