The New Raith Rovers Thread

Gary Glen is exactly the kind of signing I'd expect Grant Murray to make. However while it may well be true, that roaster on Facebook obviously fancies himself as some kind of transfer gossip king and is linking us to every player under the sun.

Good news regarding Watson, thought a couple of months into last season he could be our captain for the next ten years if he so wished - pretty sure he'd be depressed to think about such a thing, but he was a great signing. Hopefully he and Barr can strike up a partnership, as Dougie Hill was absolutely not good enough last season. Still be happy to see him sign on but not as first choice.

VERY harsh on Hill there Paco. Yes our defences' record was poor but mitigating factors have to be considered, namely losing McGurn and playing all season with 2 out and out wingers which definitely over-exposed us in the central areas.

Remember tho, he can still turn it on - his display against Sevco was legendary. Of course that was because they played to his strengths so we may need to have other options for wee nippy teams - that's the managers' job to set us up properly which he failed to do last season sometimes.

He's a great squad player to have and a goal threat to boot. Heid the ba' in every sense!

I'm glad he's back with us

Edited by pantene proV

Happy that we've signed Douglas Hall.

Looking forward to watching him smashing Daly all over the place AGAIN!

Aye, Dougie always gives 100%. Well pleased, big Davie now and our back line is almost complete.

it also says in the press that McGurn has already reached a verbal agreement and is likely to be given a chance to prove his fitness in pre-season which could read that the signing will only go ahead on the basis of proving hes fit,it also says that robinson is still on their radar

i`m guessing its either anderson or spence

btw,dont see anything on the official site of a signing announcement tonight,has SM got mixed up with the one last night?

Edited by Rovers_Lad

it also says in the press that McGurn has already reached a verbal agreement and is likely to be given a chance to prove his fitness in pre-season which could read that the signing will only go ahead on the basis of proving hes fit,it also says that robinson is still on their radar

btw,dont see anything on the official site of a signing announcement tonight,has SM got mixed up with the one last night?

Spence flew away to Tenerife on Monday/ Tuesday so it won't be him because if he signed before he left I would imagine it would have been announced along with Watson or hill.

So are we all agreed, it's Anderson?

No the article about percentage of season ticket sales, was released with the date Thursday 29th may, and says in the last line:

"More signing news at 11pm tonight"

No the article about percentage of season ticket sales, was released with the date Thursday 29th may, and says in the last line:

"More signing news at 11pm tonight"

Am I reading thw rong article, this is what I see:

It’s not even the end of May. The new season is still a full two months away and already we have smashed our season ticket sales record following our 6 day Early Bird sales period. Numbers sold total 1,094 and are a massive 35% ahead of the same period last year.

Raith Rovers Chief Executive Eric Drysdale commented, “A massive thank you to our loyal supporters! The board made every effort to set prices as low as we could, especially for all schoolchildren who are our next generation of supporters, and we are delighted with the early response.

“In fact sales are already 15% up on the grand total for 2013/14, and that’s fully three weeks before next season’s fixtures come out. What is even more encouraging is that we have welcomed over 400 new season ticket holders of all ages, and including many families buying groups of tickets. Clearly there is huge excitement about the 2014/15 Scottish Championship, so we hope to see many more applications before the season starts.

“I’d also like to thank Lynn, Laura and Bob, our office staff, for their tremendous hard work processing hundreds of transactions each day. The Early Bird promotion is now over but tickets go back on sale on Monday with adult briefs costing £250, senior citizens tickets at £125 and schoolchildren prices held at an amazingly low £30″.