The New Raith Rovers Thread

I can't be the only one who couldn't care less about not playing Middlesborough?

Bland written all over it, that one. Get us an interesting away friendly sorted out!

I also care not one iota (whatever an iota is) about playing Boro. f**k Middlesborough.

I recall we played them and beat them back in the day. The crowd was nothing to shout about and neither were Boro.

Any good?

He was the player everyone wanted to do well. He was also pretty cool.

He was terrible at football though and people used to let him know. When he had a game that was ok, had a spell at left wing back where he was slightly better, people would be quick to say he didn't deserve the criticism but he most certainly did. He was a shitebag too. Constantly pulling out of challenges. However he played for hearts and Leicester so he must have had something long ago. Probably photos of avril riding a midget

I can recall about two games where he was decent over a two year period. I'm pretty sure he scored only two goals with us, one of which was a peach at Ayr. The other was a goal in his final season which was so obscure I'd forgot it had happened. I still can't even remember who it was against. I've had a go at Liam Fox, but he's like a lower league Iniesta in comparison to Hammill.

Scored the winner against Falkirk on the first day of 2011-12(?). Peach of a finish. Suffered the curse of the Rovers left winger/midfielder where everyone thinks he should be skinning players like Gareth Bale and then gets stick when he's unable to. By no means a great player for us but not as bad as most make out.

I was having a look at the Facebook page, and I noticed this bloke on the lookout for a deal.

On the one hand, he doesn't look particularly good. On the other, he's Brazilian, and the last club he played for, which finished a lofty ninth in the Laotian Premier League, and has a typo on its own badge.

BpomafjCMAAFy1I.png

I say we go for it.

I didn't think Hammill was anything like as bad as most others have said, but - a bit like Rob Sloan before him - we never worked out where best to use him. Had an eye for a pass and dodged away, but in our customary 4-4-2 he was a bit lightweight for a central role and a bit slow for a winger. As someone says, he did better in the couple of game when we played wingbacks.

I didn't think Hammill was anything like as bad as most others have said, but - a bit like Rob Sloan before him - we never worked out where best to use him. Had an eye for a pass and dodged away, but in our customary 4-4-2 he was a bit lightweight for a central role and a bit slow for a winger. As someone says, he did better in the couple of game when we played wingbacks.

To be honest his best outings for us in his loan spell were when he filled in at left back for a couple of weeks.

"The Leonidas of the backward header is Raith Rovers' Grant Anderson."

Not a sentence I expected to read today, but an interesting article.

Anderson's flick-ons have been a major, but hardly ever mentioned, part of our game plan over the last two seasons. Nice to see him being given a bit of credit, somewhere.