The New Raith Rovers Thread

Big article in the Dundee Evening Telegraph about how we are in for Ryan Conroy - Not online yet though, but full back page... Looks very likey, it reads as though it'll be a season long loan as he has still got a year left on his contract... It states Alloa are keeping an eye too (Barry Smith rated him highly) but we are ahead in the queue, made contact and I'd imagine a deal will be agreed very shortly. Decent bit of business if it goes ahead.

Edited by dancing_in_raith

Conroy would be a good signing. He's quite versatile and would provide us with a few options. It'd be interesting to see if things panned out favourably with Callum Booth for us. If we could get both Booth and Conroy that would leave us with a solid left hand side. If that happened, then I'd be delighted if we got Anderson back and signed a couple of new forwards.

A lot of 'ifs' though...

Don't know if I'm a saddo but, when I feel down or pissed off. I always watch the Ramsdens final, and when Baird scored that winning goal in front of our fans I'm instantly cheered up.

Reading through these posts make me very worried about the signing of Hammill. Hope he proves to better than you lot have made out.

Not old enough to be past it... I hope.

I'd be amazed if he's changed much in a year. That said, he's worked with Bollan before and will be playing at a lower level. McGlynn was ridiculously bad for playing centre midfielders on the wing. If he's played in the middle, he'll probably do fine against a lot of the teams in that league.

Not sure about Conroy. On the one hand anyone who was a regular in a team that won the league can't be that bad, but on the other Dundee fans seem to have him down as a lazy sod who wouldn't put in a tackle to save his life.

He'll probably go to Alloa anyway....

What's the point in that? Sack eating up a decent wage on a back up goalie. Laidlaw will be number 2 anyway

Agree with that.

Notice someone is saying on fantalk Spence is away on holiday to Magaluf so I wonder where that leaves him. In all honesty, I'd be happy enough if we tried to bring in Nade and look for another new forward.

Agree with that.

Notice someone is saying on fantalk Spence is away on holiday to Magaluf so I wonder where that leaves him. In all honesty, I'd be happy enough if we tried to bring in Nade and look for another new forward.

Getting paid far too much obviously if he's able to manage 3 trips abroad in just over 4 weeks..

Agree with that.

Not unless Magaluf is the same as Dalgety Bay, where I saw him on Sunday night playing in the 7's league at the leisure centre...