The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anybody know how many season tickets we've sold so far?

I popped down on Wednesday and bought mines, and forgot to ask them then. I know that after a couple of the early bird sales, we had already topped last season sales of 970, so I'm just wondering after, 6 weeks of sales, are we anywhere near 2000? I know a few people who have still to pop through and get theirs in July, and there is normally another rush in July for them as well.

Anybody know how many season tickets we've sold so far?

I popped down on Wednesday and bought mines, and forgot to ask them then. I know that after a couple of the early bird sales, we had already topped last season sales of 970, so I'm just wondering after, 6 weeks of sales, are we anywhere near 2000? I know a few people who have still to pop through and get theirs in July, and there is normally another rush in July for them as well.

Someone on Fantalk mentioned 1300+ so far. If true then that's no bad going.

Many folk heading through for this game against Edinburgh City on Wednesday night? I know it clashes (by fifteen minutes) with a World Cup semi-final, but I'm still buzzing for it.

More importantly, is there a decent Indian near Meadowbank...?

I think I might go for the first half at least and leave in time to get home for the semi as I imagine it's under a fiver to get in. It's not that close but The Raj formerly sponsored Medowbank Thistle. I've had a few decent meals in there.

Many folk heading through for this game against Edinburgh City on Wednesday night? I know it clashes (by fifteen minutes) with a World Cup semi-final, but I'm still buzzing for it.

More importantly, is there a decent Indian near Meadowbank...?

Planning to, yeah. I've seen Commonwealth Games athletics at Meadowbank, and I've seen The Pixies play there, but I've never seen a football match there.

I think I might go for the first half at least and leave in time to get home for the semi as I imagine it's under a fiver to get in. It's not that close but The Raj formerly sponsored Medowbank Thistle. I've had a few decent meals in there.

I'm going through for it, Edinburgh City announced the prices as £5 for adults & £2 for concessions.

Planning to, yeah. I've seen Commonwealth Games athletics at Meadowbank, and I've seen The Pixies play there, but I've never seen a football match there.

It's quite an experience, or at least it was when Meadowbank played there.

I saw the Rovers play at Meadowbank a long time ago, me and some mates bought pies at half time but when we bit into them they were rank.

One of our ensemble wondered if we could reach the long jump pit with a well aimed throw, so we decided to all go at once.

It became clear due to the arc of descent that they wouldn't make it, they were however perfectly ranged so as to batter into the bunnets of a group of elderly gentlemen in the front row who probably thought it was WWII all over again.

I once got thrown out of meadowbank for fucking swearing would you believe that.I then had to watch the rest of the game from behind the gates at the opposite side of the ground with all my mates shouting abuse at me. :thumsup2

Last at Meadowbank to watch them play Spartans and when going for food and asking for a pie to be told

"its no a big enough game for pies"

I hope we are a pie worthy team so I don't need to sustain myself on toffee crisps and bru again

I saw the Rovers play at Meadowbank a long time ago, me and some mates bought pies at half time but when we bit into them they were rank.

One of our ensemble wondered if we could reach the long jump pit with a well aimed throw, so we decided to all go at once.

It became clear due to the arc of descent that they wouldn't make it, they were however perfectly ranged so as to batter into the bunnets of a group of elderly gentlemen in the front row who probably thought it was WWII all over again.

:D

I'm sure I was at that game, it was one if those early memories that I couldn't really remember if it happened or not,

I also remember somebody smoking a joint at the back of the stand & me asking my Dad what the strange smell was...