The New Raith Rovers Thread

What's reassuring was we seemed to cope relatively well with the likes of Laidlaw, Bates, Callachan, Vaughan and Matthews all playing. Good to see products of our youth set up get these opportunities. What's more reassuring is we were minus 5 or so 1st team regulars so I'm confident we'll look that bit more threatening and creative when these guys return from injury which bodes well when the league campaign gets underway. All in all a decent work out and some encouraging signs.

I'm a little concerned that we're now half way through our pre-season (match-wise) and we haven't managed a single minute out of our top three centre halves or either of our senior goalkeepers, but there was a lot to be pleased with today.

The young boys who have played haven't really looked out of place. Obviously there are wee mistakes here and there, but Bates looked more solid than he did on Wednesday night, Matthews looked quite impressive today, when he came on at the base of the midfield. Sprayed a couple of decent passes around, and wasn't afraid to go for something other than the easy option. Vaughan's definitely got that wee spark too, hopefully we see a bit more from him over the course of the season.

Does anyone know if the boys were there doing the video for the website? I'd like to see that Nade goal a few thousand times more.

I'm a little concerned that we're now half way through our pre-season (match-wise) and we haven't managed a single minute out of our top three centre halves or either of our senior goalkeepers, but there was a lot to be pleased with today.

The young boys who have played haven't really looked out of place. Obviously there are wee mistakes here and there, but Bates looked more solid than he did on Wednesday night, Matthews looked quite impressive today, when he came on at the base of the midfield. Sprayed a couple of decent passes around, and wasn't afraid to go for something other than the easy option. Vaughan's definitely got that wee spark too, hopefully we see a bit more from him over the course of the season.

Does anyone know if the boys were there doing the video for the website? I'd like to see that Nade goal a few thousand times more.

Thankfully Bert didn't have to hook him as he did on Wednesday for going nose to nose with the City CB.

My brother is in Florida just now guys so no footage! I never made it today because if work either! Someone have some iPhone footage maybe?

They look to me like they're in the Away part of the stand, so yes, close the North Stand when it's not needed.

Anyone have an idea of how many seats are in that particular part?

Edited by Michael W

IIRC 550.

Fill that out for Rangers twice and we'll net an extra £10k. Hearts or Hibs in serious contention for the title (OK, just Hearts) may also manage to get some fans in there too.

No idea how much the repairs cost, but we may do well out of this.

Fill that out for Rangers twice and we'll net an extra £10k. Hearts or Hibs in serious contention for the title (OK, just Hearts) may also manage to get some fans in there too.

Exactly.

Add in the savings from only opening this when Alloa, QOS , Dumbarton and Livvy come then its a shrewd move by the BOD.

I think that this was the boards rationale, it will benefit the stadium in the long run by returning areas to use and preparing for world domination*

*that bit was made up by me, sorry if anyone got their hopes up.

I was initially sceptical but I've been won over. Out of interest, does anyone have an idea of the cost of repairs?

I also think it will improve the experience for smaller away supports - no fun being drowned in a sea of seats when there's under 100 of you. It'll improve the atmosphere a bit.