The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just shows you the effect these people had on out football club, with you guys naming yourselves after them.

Dont see any new members giving their username as MURRAY, or even MCGLYNN do they???

I suppose that Tade was probably the last cult hero we've had.

I suppose that Tade was probably the last cult hero we've had.

Tade or Casa I'd say. Casa was hilarious. I'd be amazed if he even reached double figures for starting appearances for us but everybody fucking loved the guy. I guess a derby goal on your debut as well as his antics in the run-in during McGlynn's final season secured that.

As for Tade, I'll always remember him with great fondness. He's the epitome of hard work earning results.

Tade summed up the best parts of the Mcglynn era.

Limited ability, but a fucking immense attitude.

Being built like a fucking tank and an acceleration like a drag racer helps as well.

Will never forget one of the games at home to the Townies where their keeper had the ball passed back to him. It was one of those pass backs where no average player would have reached/attempted but not our Tade. He must of sprinted 100 yards is 0.1 second to get to this ball only to be taken out by their keeper. Never seen pace like it from a Rovers player.

His reaction to the wins against Aberdeen and Dundee in the Scottish Cup summed him up. You could tell he was loving every minute of it. One of the few players that clicked with the fans.

Will never forget one of the games at home to the Townies where their keeper had the ball passed back to him. It was one of those pass backs where no average player would have reached/attempted but not our Tade. He must of sprinted 100 yards is 0.1 second to get to this ball only to be taken out by their keeper. Never seen pace like it from a Rovers player.

His reaction to the wins against Aberdeen and Dundee in the Scottish Cup summed him up. You could tell he was loving every minute of it. One of the few players that clicked with the fans.

Yeah, he was immense, I remember a pointless Davo diagonal that a full back went to collect and thought he had all the time in the world - Tade ran him down and got the ball first from starting 20 yards behind him.

Raith chief executive Eric Drysdale has revealed that applications to become the club’s new manager had been flooding in “at a rate of knots” from here and abroad yesterday

Would love it, if one of the people from abroad was Csaba Laszlo. He was a character and a half ✌️

“We are looking for someone who will meet that criteria, who is personable, can relate to the fans and also be fully active in the local community.”

That's the key part for me. Rightly or wrongly, Grant Murray was never a "fans" manager. The most obvious (and cringeworthy) example of Murray's antithesis is that Ronnie Deila at Celtic and that bloody ridiculous "roar" that he does. It's absolutely got the fans on his side.

Murray was never close to that. He'd acknowledge the support at full-time (when they weren't berating him) but he was always very much straight-down-the-tunnel, even compared to Laurie Ellis, who's hardly a bombastic cheerleader. That led to a lack of goodwill that meant he was always going to find it difficult to keep the fans onside after bad results, even with his outstanding cup record.

The whole thing was compounded by a signing policy that was very much in his own image. To borrow a phrase from John Hughes, we've got a squad full of "guid, hoanest laddies" who are all more than willing to put a shift in, and they're all (except you, Ross Perry) competent enough footballers at this level, but they don't have people lining up around the block to see them play. At least John McGlynn kept an emergency Spaniard on trial at all times.