The New Raith Rovers Thread

a couple of points,

Barr's injury isnt as serious as his injury last pre season, but he wont be it and ready to start pre season for 2/3 weeks which puts him behind the rest of the squad, so mckinnon is covering all his options.

Watson has stalled again on a contract because he fears he wont get regular starting slot.. thanks for everything and cheerio then, done same at livi i believe, didnt like the thought of having to fight for his position. at least mckinnon isnt pandering to these guys and sorting it out sooner rather than being left short later!

as for Dougie hill, he didnt want to go back to full time for only 1 year hence why he wasnt offered a deal,

Mckinnon still saying today he wants more faces in before training starts, and he will also be bringing in some trialists for the first couple of weeks of training.

Barr injured again!!!

Paul Watson is also stalling over his offer. McKinnon says in the FFP that he's started looking elsewhere.

I'd like Watson to stay but entirely agree with the way McKinnon is handling it - no point in sitting on our hands waiting.

I don't like the new kit. Happy to be back in blue, but that's it. Then again, I'm an old b*****d now so probably not the target market for them.

a couple of points,

Barr's injury isnt as serious as his injury last pre season, but he wont be it and ready to start pre season for 2/3 weeks which puts him behind the rest of the squad, so mckinnon is covering all his options.

Watson has stalled again on a contract because he fears he wont get regular starting slot.. thanks for everything and cheerio then, done same at livi i believe, didnt like the thought of having to fight for his position. at least mckinnon isnt pandering to these guys and sorting it out sooner rather than being left short later!

as for Dougie hill, he didnt want to go back to full time for only 1 year hence why he wasnt offered a deal,

Mckinnon still saying today he wants more faces in before training starts, and he will also be bringing in some trialists for the first couple of weeks of training.

We kept mcgurn on part time. I recognise that there is a difference between a defender and 'keeper in that situation, but still, even as a backup he'd be handy to have, as proven this last season.

Two of the players we signed already have came from PT football to FT as well.

I've long argued we shouldn't turn our back on PT players, so you could argue we didn't really need to do that with Megginson and McCord. Then again, maybe it was part of the attraction, although in his circumstances I think McCord may have signed PT.

It's a shame Hill is away as I rate him, but ultimately it sounds like it was the right thing for him. I do disagree with the move to fully FT, however.

If Watson had had a fantastic season last season I could maybe see where he was coming from but he was bang average. If we wants to stay with us those are the terms, if not then see you later. I suppose that's the difference between McKinnon and Murray already...McKinnon says take it or leave it whilst Murray pandered to Watson all of last summer to try and get him to stay. There's plenty of guys looking for a club out there.

As for the kit...do I see some buttons there and perhaps some sort of pattern in the blue?

Edited by Ding Dang Doo