The New Raith Rovers Thread

Easily narrowed down to the other players McKinnon hasn't signed, that are any good (excludes Thomson & McKeown)

So Callachan, Barr, Vaughan.

In that case it would have to be Barr, or maybe McGurn. Callachan and Vaughan would appear to fit the profile of a McKinnon signing so they should be fine. I suppose it depends whether you would consider Thomson or McKeown a loss as well.

Anderson being told to go and McGurn might not start ? Is it to early for MCKINNON OUT !!!! Hahahaha :P !!

All seriousness though, I'm very impressed with all our dealings so far this campaign, its absolutely brilliant to see a Manager know who he wants and go get them this early on ... Never one for going to pre season games but I think I may tag along to a few this time ! Very excited to see what we can do this season, fighting for 4th would be perfect :)

I'd like to see another striker brought in if I'm honest. I know there's Vaughan and Stewart, and to a lesser extent Megginson. But I'd just like to see someone come in who is in about the box to bury chances.

We all know what Vaughan and Stewart are capable of, but they aren't truly penalty box finishers. They have more to their game than that.

Surely from a legal standpoint we can't just offer deals to players, have them sign a contract, then suddenly withdraw it because one player is part time and the other doesn't fit into McKinnon's plans. Either that or the player(s) remain at the club but McKinnon chooses not to play them?

Surely from a legal standpoint we can't just offer deals to players, have them sign a contract, then suddenly withdraw it because one player is part time and the other doesn't fit into McKinnon's plans. Either that or the player(s) remain at the club but McKinnon chooses not to play them?

The contracts will stand. You would like to think that McKinnon will be open minded enough to allow any preconceived ideas about certain players to be changed and that if the players do the business McKinnon will play them.

Did these stories start on fantalk? What a load of BS!

What's probably happened is that he's been offered a contract and been told that's what the offer is, if you don't like it you're free to find another club.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the trialists that McKinnon looks at will be wingers. Have a look at how the gel with what he wants from the team, instead of signing one or two and they're mince

Did these stories start on fantalk? What a load of BS!

What's probably happened is that he's been offered a contract and been told that's what the offer is, if you don't like it you're free to find another club.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the trialists that McKinnon looks at will be wingers. Have a look at how the gel with what he wants from the team, instead of signing one or two and they're mince

Anderson was named as one of the players we had retained. I'm taking that as he was offered a deal and accepted it, regardless if McKinnon was confirmed as the gaffer or not at the time.

What da f**k is happing?

Is Ando, and McGurn ta tas? McKinnon says there is a wee bit budget left. So if they left I'd guess that would free up 3 lower league players, Maby that's why Laidlaw got a new contracts. A fucking hope, no

Edited by Raith_Rasta

I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions here. All we have heard is that Anderson received a text along the lines of "if you wish to look for (and presumably join) another club then we will not stand in your way." That's by no means a "there's not a place for you here" (it could have been something of a goodwill gesture/test of faith) the only other thing we have heard is some second hand grumbling from Andy C, who we would all assume is reliable (as for who he heard from, who knows).

I'm pleased with how McKinnon has conducted himself so far. He seemed to deal with the Watson situation well in my book. He's had a clear out for sure, but the last thing a new manager, in any line of work, will want is a group of players who liked and miss the old guy ("oh Grant used to do X,Y or Z"). I'm thoroughly pleased somebody who seems to have a plan for the Rovers has come on board, let's hope it works. I'm sure we're pointed in the right direction, but for it to work everybody needs to be focused on the man in charge's vision. That's why Watson will be warming Hibs bench next season.

FWIW I'm bussing to see this team and I expect I'll be there next week.