The New Raith Rovers Thread

Euan Smith, former Killie player also a midfielder I believe. Been training with the club since they started back.

He must be shite if he was on a three year deal last year.

http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=791

Kilmarnock Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of 20 year old former Hibernian midfielder Euan Smith on a three year deal.

I'm here pal, working away all week! Only time will tell about my comments on Anderson.

Anyway looking forward to the game tomorrow be good to see Birch and Smith in action.

Smith one is true. Was speaking to his in-laws at a party in Bonnyrigg last Saturday but they say he's not hopeful of a contract after all the centre midfielders we've signed.

I'm here pal, working away all week! Only time will tell about my comments on Anderson.

Anyway looking forward to the game tomorrow be good to see Birch and Smith in action.

It will also be good to see the players that have actually signed with the club in action.

Hopefully there is a reasonable crowd for the match.

Edited by Wardy

Any idea where the Brechin fans will be placed? There's a bus going down but presumably they won't be opening up a stand for a friendly.

It's on the Brechin website "sections D & E of the Main Stand" - http://www.brechincity.com/bcfc/servlet/BCFCFrontControllerServlet?action=News&page_id=1629&category=2

It's to be pissing rain overnight and up til KO tomorrow. Last thing the club will want is a heavy pitch cutting up before the leagues even begun. A non glamorous pre-season friendly against Brechin won't be something the club will be busting a gut to get played if the pitch is dodgy.

The weather forecast is pretty grim looking. You could be right given the amount of games we have coming up this month.

I can't imagine anyone would be too bothered if it was cancelled.

*cough*

This is news to supporters of a certain vintage, as far as I know the main stand has three sections, A, B and C.

I await hilarity tomorrow as Dennis, Nev, Oz, Barry, Moxey, Bomber and Wayne attempt to cobble together a temporary bleachers in the run up to kick off.

If the weather in Kirkcaldy is anything like it is in Cardenden then I would be surprised if this goes ahead. For the last 2 hours the rain has been of biblical proportions. It is showing no sign of easing off.

Could be the ideal test for the new pitch if it calms down a bit and stops before mid-day as that's still give it 3 hrs to dry out before kick-off.

Otherwise I agree we'd be as well binning it early.