The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not buying that, I read some where last night that Utd were after Stuart McCall. Can't remember the source though, typical, but it was on a link on Twitter, was a paper, so must be gospel haha!

As for tomorrow's game, I think we'll win, just, 2-1, I think we'll lose our first home goal, and much like the QotS game, it'll be tight. I hope I'm wrong and it's a comfy 2/3-0.

Seems a bit strange seeing as it's one, if not our most, covered position.

That Deadline News site has an article up about it:

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2015/10/02/former-hibs-midfielder-scott-robertson-set-to-join-raith-rovers/

Not sure if "Raith are keen to put a package together that would see the 30-year-old sign a deal at Stark’s Park" refers to the wages involved or something else?

My guess is someone will be getting punted out on loan to make way for Robertson. When word got out that we had Galbraith and Robertson training it was said we had no money to sign them, the budget was all used and that any dosh from the Celtic game wouldn't be going towards the playing budget. Unless we're offloading someone then I don't see how we'll have cash to sign him.

My guess is someone will be getting punted out on loan to make way for Robertson. When word got out that we had Galbraith and Robertson training it was said we had no money to sign them, the budget was all used and that any dosh from the Celtic game wouldn't be going towards the playing budget. Unless we're offloading someone then I don't see how we'll have cash to sign him.

We don't have the cash and we already have a surplus of central midfielders.

Based on the squad we currently have Galbraith would be the obvious signing, not Robertson.

I agree that someone in that position must be getting offloaded if we really are in for Robertson. I wonder if it could be something completely out of the blue like McCord deciding full time football isn't for him.

Based on the squad we currently have Galbraith would be the obvious signing, not Robertson.

I agree that someone in that position must be getting offloaded if we really are in for Robertson. I wonder if it could be something completely out of the blue like McCord deciding full time football isn't for him.

Could maybe be Barr out on loan?? He will probably struggle to break through into the team just now anyway and he needs game time after so long on the side lines

Seems Ray disagrees; "With Iain Davidson out injured last weekend we were really thin on the ground in terms of midfielders and if you want to be competing at this level, you need to have resources to compensate for injuries and suspensions."

Regarding Ray himself, I know that as of Wednesday night there had been no interest from DUFC. What's happened since then is anyone's guess.