The New Raith Rovers Thread

Maybe it's a sign of the times for me, but I'm not going and I'm not massively bothered. If we get through, I'd be delighted for the management and players and everyone connected with the club. But having experienced the cup run back in 2010/2011 season it felt as though we pulled off a massive couple of upsets and getting to the semi final was a pretty incredible story. I'll be working tomorrow until 2pm and then listening in on the radio

Maybe it's a sign of the times for me, but I'm not going and I'm not massively bothered. If we get through, I'd be delighted for the management and players and everyone connected with the club. But having experienced the cup run back in 2010/2011 season it felt as though we pulled off a massive couple of upsets and getting to the semi final was a pretty incredible story. I'll be working tomorrow until 2pm and then listening in on the radio

Nope, you can't be there and you're feeling sorry for your self.

It was 2009/2010. I think Rovers fans have become a bit blasé because of all the decent cup runs in the last 5 years. Just remember the dark days of Anelka and the extended stay in the Second Division.

I think it helps get the fans going if there's a bit of belief in the team and management. On that front, we seem to be getting there, but we're not quite there yet.

Edited by Scary Bear

My ringpiece of a boss at the time, wouldn't give me the day off for the Dundee quarter final that season. One of the many reasons I stick pins into a lifelike voodoo doll every now and again.

Anyway, looking forward to this, more so for the weekend away to be fair, although that stance may change, if Liam Fox rifles in a winner.

My ringpiece of a boss at the time, wouldn't give me the day off for the Dundee quarter final that season. One of the many reasons I stick pins into a lifelike voodoo doll every now and again.

Anyway, looking forward to this, more so for the weekend away to be fair, although that stance may change, if Liam Fox rifles in a winner.

^^^^^doing this now.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I wouldn't say it's over just yet. I think we've still got a small, outside chance of a play off place but it is a slim hope. To have any hope we'd have to win the two games against QOS starting on Saturday. A draw or loss on Saturday and then it's officially done

We absolutely have to beat Queens twice and Falkirk once. And even then, the other two are still favourites. If we don't win on Saturday it's definitely over.

If/when we drop out the race, it would be nice to see Vaughan given the extended run Callachan has enjoyed to see what he can really do. I don't think Vaughan's an incredible player by any means, but when he starts, he often scores. Mark Stewart has scored twice when starting this season (23 starts, 4 goals in 31 appearances overall), and hasn't scored since December. Vaughan scored in his only start since September against Livi, and in 2 out of his 3 starts this season (failing to score against Rangers in the 0-4). 2 in 15 is his overall record but most appearances are as late subs.

If we aren't going to give him a real chance, there's no point keeping him. I'd definitely be looking to give him a real run in the side soon.

Edited by Paco

We absolutely have to beat Queens twice and Falkirk once. And even then, the other two are still favourites. If we don't win on Saturday it's definitely over.

If/when we drop out the race, it would be nice to see Vaughan given the extended run Callachan has enjoyed to see what he can really do. I don't think Vaughan's an incredible player by any means, but when he starts, he often scores. Mark Stewart has scored twice when starting this season (23 starts, 4 goals in 31 appearances overall), and hasn't scored since December. Vaughan scored in his only start since September against Livi, and in 2 out of his 3 starts this season (failing to score against Rangers in the 0-4). 2 in 15 is his overall record but most appearances are as late subs.

If we aren't going to give him a real chance, there's no point keeping him. I'd definitely be looking to give him a real run in the side soon.

When you look at minutes per goal, only Conroy and Nade are ahead of Vaughan. If you discount cup games, Vaughan's actually way out on his own with a goal every 157 minutes. Nade's second best with 213.

I agree with you though, he's not been outstanding and I don't think he's been too hard done by up til now. For me, he doesn't impose himself on the game but he has shown enough to be given a guaranteed run of starts before the end of the season.

I doubt many of us would've grumbled a great deal had Ross Callachan not ended up in the side this season and been released in the summer. Now it would be a sackable offence. The thing with young players is sooner or later they need a real run in the side. Vaughan's cameos just aren't enough to form a real opinion, and he isn't what I would class as an 'impact player' either.

Would love to see Moon back in for Fox (who is brutal imo), Conroy back in simply because it's a no brainer and Vaughan in for Stewart on Saturday.

I can't see us getting 4th, a bit much to ask for now but that's no excuse to lay down, get the W and get the confidence back up again on Saturday, and then home the next 3/4 games after that, none of them easy games but if we nick something from the Hearts & Hibs games, a win against Alloa and QoS (rescheduled game), then we may have a really strong say in where teams finish in the league, and in the process maybe finishing 5th - fingers crossed anyway!

COYR!!