The New Raith Rovers Thread

Its seems probable that he will be leaving now. Its a shame but the board will need to act quickly to get a suitable replacement. Just wonder how Bobby Barr will feel if McKinnon leaves before he has even arrived at the club.

Its seems probable that he will be leaving now. Its a shame but the board will need to act quickly to get a suitable replacement. Just wonder how Bobby Barr will feel if McKinnon leaves before he has even arrived at the club.

No doubt the lure of his old club will be strong, but he's not gone yet. The club has to sanction an approach by United for him (or he quits). He might go for an interview and not like what he sees, maybe United are as big a basket case as is being reported. Maybe United will actually bother drawing up a list of more than one candidate and prefer someone else.

Worst comes to worst, I think it would be quite a big knock losing him at this point. The team is playing for him, he's clearly got a plan in place for the type of squad he wants for next year and if we end up changing horses mid summer, any new guy with new ideas will see us scrabbling around in late Summer for signings, as we did the summer just gone. Assuming that the new guy is even half way competent, a massive gamble in of itself.

It'd be extremely frustrating after showing the first real prorgress in at least 5 years, if, with as good a league as we've got in the championship next year, we're in it but not competitive.

Edited by renton

TBH if we get through the playoffs to the Premier (and I believe we will) he would be mad to move to UTD at this time. He's still young managerial wise so his time at UTD might still come.

There's no doubt in my mind he'll eventually go to Utd, just not yet (I hope)

If he goes to Utd that's fine.

I just hope that snake Thompson waits until Raith are done with the playoffs.

I think McKinnon, and the club, are professional enough to tell Utd they won't consider anything until such time as the playoffs are finished. We're within our rights considering he's still under contract.

I think McKinnon, and the club, are professional enough to tell Utd they won't consider anything until such time as the playoffs are finished. We're within our rights considering he's still under contract.

Although that is definitely the way ahead my thoughts on Thompson trying anything the now would he proceed with caution.

He's the type of c**t who isn't bothered about what is going on with Raith the now.

At least when he goes - and he will - he won't be swanning off with all our best players as they've signed new deals with us. Would guess the guys who haven't signed yet - Barr, McKeown and Connolly - could follow him as it's a full rebuilding job at United. Getting Hardie back for a season loan might be scuppered too.

Mckinnons club or not, he's built a strong group of players at The Rovers & with 2 or 3 good signings in the summer were gonna be in for another exciting campaign next season!! United are gonna need a major re vamp to get themselves ready to compete in a tough league & that imo would be a crazy decision to throw what he had already built with us for a United team in tatters.

Highly doubt we will risk him, he hasnt kicked a ball for the first team since August. 

I would tend to agree but his pace on the counter attack may be useful and apparently McKinnon is delighted with him in training.  I was surprised he wasn't benched last night but I'm not sure if he's played since his goal against Berwick in the rezzies?  

And if Raith don't go up? Really unimpressed with that and hoped he had more class than to speculate until after the play offs.

Or has he been asked a really specific question so that the paper can sell a story?