The New Raith Rovers Thread

If we keep him we will get f**k all next season for him!

I think if a club came in with any sort of offer around 20, 30 k we have to accept he has done us a great turn for a player for free if it wasnt for his late goals we probably would have been done and dusted around feb march time!

yeah but leaves us with only Williamson able to play up top.....

yeah but leaves us with only Williamson able to play up top.....

there are going to be many players released if Bairdy is getting attention he will no doubt want to go and i dont want a striker at our club that wants to be elsewhere

Baird does love it at Rovers though, but money talks as they say.....

Yeah you can tell he does love it but your correct he would be mad to choose to stay at starks if a spl move came his way end of the day he his 25 and not getting any younger its a short career

I wouldn't read too much into this story, mainly because it's from the worst excuse of a so called 'newspaper'.

If it were true though, i would like to see us sign Baird, yet £100k? f**k sake, we can't even afford pens to fill in our team sheets correctly.

30k :lol: We don`t do good deals.We punted three better players for less than that a number of years ago

If the bucket rattling cries coming out of Starks Park are true our BoD will accept 5k for Baird

5k yer having a laugh

We've all suspected for months Tadé is off, so that would be no surprise. If Campbell goes, I'll be very disappointed. He's been excellent for us in his time here, and he still has what it takes at this level.

If Baird and McGurn are off, I'll be absolutely gutted.Along with Murray, Ellis and Walker, they are two of our most important players.

Edited by Michael W

McGurn and Baird are both under contract for another year so if either of them leave it will be for a transfer fee. Obviously the transfer window isn't open yet so if any of them are going to leave they wouldn't have known today so they weren't saying "goodbye" at full time.

Everyone knows Tade is leaving and most folk reckon he's signing for Inverness.

Mark Campbell will be a victim of the budget cut as he is one of the biggest earners at the club, today was his last game.

McGurn and Baird are both under contract for another year so if either of them leave it will be for a transfer fee. Obviously the transfer window isn't open yet so if any of them are going to leave they wouldn't have known today so they weren't saying "goodbye" at full time.

Mark Campbell will be a victim of the budget cut as he is one of the biggest earners at the club, today was his last game.

Deals are done sometimes months before the window even opens up with the players agents sending cv's etc s there is a big chance they have already told there agents get me a move

While its a shame Sparky is off, I think it is the right decision. Over the years he has been an utter rock for us. He stabilised our defence to a minor extent under Dazza, he was rock solid with Marvin, and took the 1st division in his stride when he came back. People were ripping into him saying he'd never be up to the standard but he gradually won them over. It was a shame about the car crash, but it was delightful to see him back.

Apparently John Baird wants to leave.

If this is the case I hope we get as much money as we can for him and good luck to him wherever he ends up, no point in keeping a player who doesn't want to be here.

Edit: Maybe he was saying goodbye at full time after all.

Edited by DanElderRRFC