The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

You guys are demanding a £1 million for jamie walker arw you having a laugh?

We got nothing for Paterson (other than dev fee) and Nicholson and Rangers bid 300k for Walker. 

With respect, they are all far better players than this lad and have showed it at a higher level. I don't think 50k is far off the mark in terms of valuation although I get the points made here regarding promotion.

We got nothing for Paterson (other than dev fee) and Nicholson and Rangers bid 300k for Walker. 
With respect, they are all far better players than this lad and have showed it at a higher level. I don't think 50k is far off the mark in terms of valuation although I get the points made here regarding promotion.

You got nothing for Patterson because his contract expired, I guarantee you would have wanted a good fee had Cardiff come calling when he was under contract.

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

You got nothing for Patterson because his contract expired, I guarantee you would have wanted a good fee had Cardiff come calling when he was under contract.

Is Callachan not free to sign a pre contract in January?

That lowers the value of a player I'm afraid.

He is, that's why Rangers have bid 300k :lol:

We valued him at 1 mil to try and scare Rangers off and get him to sign a new deal, didn't work and now we have an unhappy player on our hands and will probably sell for a lot lower than we value him. 

50k for a player in his last year at aa low level is about right. Has anyone gone for 100k or anything close to it in this league this season? 

Edited by Mr Romanov

I don't know, I doubt it but if it's good enough for your board to jack up the fee of a player they want to keep to try and get a great deal then it should be good enough for ours to try and do the same, you might be right in 50k being right but then 300k is about right for Walker as he's in exactly the same contact scenario. Yet your board refused while our board appear to have accepted, i'm sure your fans would have wanted more for Walker and been disappointed you let Sevco have him.

13 minutes ago, Mr Romanov said:

He is, that's why Rangers have bid 300k :lol:

We valued him at 1 mil to try and scare Rangers off and get him to sign a new deal, didn't work and now we have an unhappy player on our hands and will probably sell for a lot lower than we value him. 

50k for a player in his last year at aa low level is about right. Has anyone gone for 100k or anything close to it in this league this season? 

End of tht day if a player  is under contract  you can charge  what you want but im sure old Maggie would want top dollar  for one of your players so why shouldn't  we do the same.

I know Hearts will say it's a value well over what we're asking for, but he's a key player to a team who need promotion. It'd be a big blow to us to lose him, especially given the prize money at Championship level compared to what we'll receive at this level. 

Wouldn't surprise me if we end up selling for a fee, and try to get in Herron. 

14 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

The only involvement Locke has will be doling out the half time pies in hospitality, it's safe to say he's been neutered as a footballing influence.

Best thing for him and everybody else involved.

14 hours ago, Wardy said:

Guy on the kick back claiming deal is done, will sign for them tomorrow. £35k with £15k in add ons. Jesus Christ. 

I suppose it's better than sod all plus Scott Roberts although to put it into perspective we got more up front for Keith Wright

Edited by mr mince

6 hours ago, MICMAC said:

Søren Andersson banged in a few games on the trot, don't know how many but must've been close to 8

Soren scored 5 for us in his time at Starks but they weren't in consecutive games.

Ooft, the state of that programme! The "Not playing in the UEFA Cup" banter is top notch and if the guy got sacked for that then that's poor. The rest thoigh, with that weight and height stuff? Classic #weeteam mentality I'm afraid. [emoji14]

Even Airdrie got £40K for Andy fucking Ryan

Always amazes me how fans of one team know exactly how another one spends their money. A couple of points though;
- the figure, while undisclosed, has been estimated more in the £20-25k range from people at Dunfermline, Airdrie and Livi (who also bid).
- Andy Ryan was coming off the back of a great season where he was the top scorer in Scotland, while Callaghan is coming off the back of a season where many will argue he underperformed in a team who were relegated
- there were several clubs interested in Ryan which meant the price was higher than had we been the only club interested in the way Hearts are the only club to bid for Callaghan
- our bid still didn't match Airdrie's valuation (most transfers don't) so your own valuation of his fee means very little.

If he does go, and you sign Herron as a replacement, he's a good player although he has glass ankles and will be on the physio's table quite often. There is definitely a player there though and if you can keep him fit you'll have a good one. If the league does end up being a straight shoot out between yourselves and Ayr then I'd imagine it's more important that you keep Vaughan and Benedictus, keep Spence and Buchanan fit and make sure you don't have to play a midfielder in goals than keeping a midfielder?

Good luck for the season. Unless we somehow go up this season I think the real Fife derby will be back on next season.

Don't see what we have to gain by selling Callachan for 35k. I get that it's a dream move for him and without meaning to paraphrase Gary Locke, it genuinely isn't in the interest of Raith Rovers to stand in the way of excellent moves like that for players who come through the youth system.

On transfer deadline day, though, when promotion is worth far more than 35k? Seems a no brainer. Bringing some 18 year old arsehole in on loan is no replacement for our captain, who is dominating this league in sheer energy alone. Unless there's a replacement lined up it's a disaster.

If he goes then genuinely the very best of luck to him. I'd hope the board don't stand behind 'undisclosed fee', 'we're happy with the deal' bullshit that Drysdale would've got away with last year had Gary Locke not been a moron and told everyone it was a freebie.

Ooft, the state of that programme! The "Not playing in the UEFA Cup" banter is top notch and if the guy got sacked for that then that's poor. The rest thoigh, with that weight and height stuff? Classic #weeteam mentality I'm afraid. [emoji14]

Always amazes me how fans of one team know exactly how another one spends their money. A couple of points though;
- the figure, while undisclosed, has been estimated more in the £20-25k range from people at Dunfermline, Airdrie and Livi (who also bid).
- Andy Ryan was coming off the back of a great season where he was the top scorer in Scotland, while Callaghan is coming off the back of a season where many will argue he underperformed in a team who were relegated
- there were several clubs interested in Ryan which meant the price was higher than had we been the only club interested in the way Hearts are the only club to bid for Callaghan
- our bid still didn't match Airdrie's valuation (most transfers don't) so your own valuation of his fee means very little.

If he does go, and you sign Herron as a replacement, he's a good player although he has glass ankles and will be on the physio's table quite often. There is definitely a player there though and if you can keep him fit you'll have a good one. If the league does end up being a straight shoot out between yourselves and Ayr then I'd imagine it's more important that you keep Vaughan and Benedictus, keep Spence and Buchanan fit and make sure you don't have to play a midfielder in goals than keeping a midfielder?

Good luck for the season. Unless we somehow go up this season I think the real Fife derby will be back on next season.

Callachan*

Sell on fee will prob be 10% 15%

See if his contract is 2 years, and he signs another 2 year contract after that one, are we still entitled to a sell on fee? Or do we hope he gets a 4 year contract for a more realistic chance of maybe a deece return of cash?

Soz if I'm not making sense ha

17 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Ooft, the state of that programme! The "Not playing in the UEFA Cup" banter is top notch and if the guy got sacked for that then that's poor. The rest thoigh, with that weight and height stuff? Classic #weeteam mentality I'm afraid. emoji14.png

The height and weight stuff is hilarious. Sets up the 'Not playing in the UEFA Cup' line perfectly