The New Raith Rovers Thread

The other thing needed is to stretch the play pull it as wide as possible and exploit gaps. It opens up opportunities and tires The other team.  The thing is you can guarantee it will still be route one which the opposition will love.

21 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

Watching the rovers  bottle it again , was well worth a 5-0 home defeat . HONESTLY :lol: Now for more fun via the play offs .  :thumsup2 Enjoy 

Aye right then! I’m sure you were saying that at the time it’s clearly still hurting yet.

I tell you what we will just bottle it again so we can come along and make you a few bob next season again

We're in a tough position because we don't know what league we'll be in. If it's this one we'll most likely be part time, but will continue with full time if promoted. As such we can't really do anything. 

Alloa will stay part time even if promoted and so can plan ahead. 

This is one of the serious issues we've got now that we're in the playoffs.

There's uncertainty over so many key factors that all rest on our fate in the next couple of weeks.

Realistically we could be manager-less, part time and stuck in League One for at least another season or we could be back in the Championship looking to bolster the squad. St Mirren have just released 8 first team players and 3 under 20s and teams in our league are already making signings for next season.

If we don't go up then we'll need to find a new manager before any decisions are made on keeping players or letting them go. Not to mention trying to sign players who have been out of contract for at least 2 weeks and will have likely already had some interest from other teams.

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

Aye right then! I’m sure you were saying that at the time it’s clearly still hurting yet.

I tell you what we will just bottle it again so we can come along and make you a few bob next season again

I tell YOU what , keep yer money , yer gonna need it . you will be in league 1 , part-time , with an empty falling to bits ground . Enjoy next season basher ?  LOL  8)

43 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

This is one of the serious issues we've got now that we're in the playoffs.

There's uncertainty over so many key factors that all rest on our fate in the next couple of weeks.

Realistically we could be manager-less, part time and stuck in League One for at least another season or we could be back in the Championship looking to bolster the squad. St Mirren have just released 8 first team players and 3 under 20s and teams in our league are already making signings for next season.

If we don't go up then we'll need to find a new manager before any decisions are made on keeping players or letting them go. Not to mention trying to sign players who have been out of contract for at least 2 weeks and will have likely already had some interest from other teams.

We,re running out of money sacking managers

You got inside info Tazz? Think you need to worry about your own team who are in a bigger shambles just go onto your own thread many season ticket holders are claiming they are not renewing there season ticket, see you next season when we fill your stand againlol

15 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Actually, we're running out of money because our Board is piss poor at appointing managers.

The board of directors call themselves fans well clearly they aren’t watching what the normal punters are watching the style of football has  been dreadful all season and that’s down to the manager, he signed the top 2 strikers in league 1 last year and both have failed to command automatic places in the team (a waste of limited resources) did they not learn from the Locke situation? He played our main striker in midfield after scoring in about every game at the start of the season why? Because we sold Callachan and failed to strengthen in midfield

I tell YOU what , keep yer money , yer gonna need it . you will be in league 1 , part-time , with an empty falling to bits ground . Enjoy next season basher ?  LOL  8)
We're ground sharing with Fife Flyers next season. Didn't you know?

The board of directors call themselves fans well clearly they aren’t watching what the normal punters are watching the style of football has  been dreadful all season and that’s down to the manager, he signed the top 2 strikers in league 1 last year and both have failed to command automatic places in the team (a waste of limited resources) did they not learn from the Locke situation? He played our main striker in midfield after scoring in about every game at the start of the season why? Because we sold Callachan and failed to strengthen in midfield

We did strengthen midfield with the signing of Hendry. The fuckwit though sat him on the bench for weeks at a time.

Yer right, we aren’t lucky enough to have your state of the art stand wi it’s view of leven pool.

Okay the dust has now settled so I thought I’d add my commiserations to you guys. After last Sunday I know how you’re feeling and it’s not nice. All the best in the playoffs but from a selfish point of view a part time diddy team would be better for us.
Suspect you’ll win the playoffs and end up above us next season!