The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

He also did say it was "a very good pitch" and would take time for it to bed in... So what's your point?

The pitch has a new sprinkler system it's more of a fine spray but they are concerned about using it at half time as the spray could blow into the stands.

35 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

The pitch has a new sprinkler system it's more of a fine spray but they are concerned about using it at half time as the spray could blow into the stands.

Okay,gave the impression there wasnt a sprinkler system.Nothing to stop them using before the game

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That's how loans work now, they're all effectively Development Loans which mean he can still train and play with Rangers reserves. It's probably not the players choice.

He  is only young but  he has quickly cottened on to  Rovered. He probably decided to spend as little time  possible with us. No wonder lol. 

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

I smell shite, a sprinkler system that can't be used at half time or before a game. 

I smell shite, a sprinkler system that can't be used at half time or before a game. 

It’s to do with the amount of water the system uses. We currently have a problem with getting a sufficient amount to the system, Sim or the other boy alluded to it in one of the half hour interviews.

It’s to do with the amount of water the system uses. We currently have a problem with getting a sufficient amount to the system, Sim or the other boy alluded to it in one of the half hour interviews.

Think it was Sims interview in the dressing room. He mentioned the cost for the generators and sprinkler system. Is it maybe a water pressure issue?

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

Think it was Sims interview in the dressing room. He mentioned the cost for the generators and sprinkler system. Is it maybe a water pressure issue?

If they can spray into the stands it's certainly not pressure.

More likely the spray head on the sprinklers need changed.

3 hours ago, renton said:

Striker or a "forward thinking player" - if Smith is intent on a 4-4-2, you'd think we still need another wide player as well as someone who can fill in through the middle. Either way, the team desperately needs an injection of pace.

Callum Smith on loan from us? 

The new sprinkler system has been installed and it works I don't know why they didn't use it for training . It's a different system that better suits a plastic pitch . That's just what I've been told it's nothing to do with pressure then again superhans thinks a new generator will magically make our broken floodlights work.

Edited by Frank conner

I'll certainly download the app. Should be an option to let fans pick the f****** formations. 

In all seriousness, good job by the club. I like how we've been progressive off the pitch this season. 

Edited by Rovers2017

7 hours ago, lgb61 said:

Why the hell was he training with sevco though and not with the rest of the Rovers squad, what is the bloody point in that? Oh aye, I'll come on loan to you but I don't want to train with you! FFS

have Rovers got a goal keeping coach ?

Cuthbert is not.