The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Under the price on the stub and the main part of the ticket, it's printed in red ink.

To be fair if his seat is in row OO he might have thought it was just part of some other number, eg 00123 and not OO 123

Phoned for tickets (working tomorrow) and only after call did I realise that I was not asked what stand or where we prefer to sit! Will be interesting to see what the tickets day when they arrive, daughter is OU student but also has a blue badge as registered disabled. No student prices as all ticket,but disabled price £10 instead of usual £8.

11 hours ago, grumswall said:
11 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Benedictus has barely been first team standard for the last 12 months.
If we can move him on to free up funds for other positions I would be okay with that personally.

He's becoming more the player he was since mcglynn came back Imo. He's also stated he is here till at least the end of the season and I have no reason to doubt him. He need only look at toshney at utd to see its not always good to move.

I thought he said he was ‘here now, and that’s what he was concentrating on’

havent seen anything saying he was here till the summer 

13 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Under the price on the stub and the main part of the ticket, it's printed in red ink.

Cheers .Cant find a red face emoticon

13 hours ago, Scottydog said:

To be fair if his seat is in row OO he might have thought it was just part of some other number, eg 00123 and not OO 123

Got it in one Scottydog

6 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Yeah I had that rosette somewhere also. No idea where it is now though! 

Also have that rosette

What is the fascination with playing Vaughan in midfield! The boy is a natural scorer and been our best player for years. Infuriates me when we can’t play our best player in his best position

It might not be Vaughan’s best position but he can at least give us some creativity. We’ve got zero creativity from the middle of the park currently until Hendry comes back, neither Nat or Matthews are creative midfielders and if our wingers are poor, like today, then we really struggle.

So he’ll probably be played there or sat behind the striker(s) until Hendry is back, unless McGlynn can find another creative midfielder during the transfer window.

What is the fascination with playing Vaughan in midfield! The boy is a natural scorer and been our best player for years. Infuriates me when we can’t play our best player in his best position
Totally agree. It was a daft substitution. Watching Vaughan dropping back to within 30 yards of our own goal does me in.
Preferably play him as a no 10 or at least in the Flanagan or Armstrong role.

To be honest I'm more than a bit underwhelmed by McGlynn's efforts so far. Losing a 3rd of all league games is nowhere near acceptable.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Totally agree. It was a daft substitution. Watching Vaughan dropping back to within 30 yards of our own goal does me in.
Preferably play him as a no 10 or at least in the Flanagan or Armstrong role.

To be honest I'm more than a bit underwhelmed by McGlynn's efforts so far. Losing a 3rd of all league games is nowhere near acceptable.

I'm a big fan of Mcglynn and rate him far higher as a manager than Smith, but it just isn't working for him with these players. 

Would agree it has not gone exactly the way we’d all hoped under McGlynn but let’s see how we look after January when has been able to make a few changes.

Let’s not forget this side had already scraped draws against Montrose and East Fife at home and lost against Cove Rangers and Cowdenbeath before he had taken over.

He inherited a squad with no full backs, one winger and no creativity in central midfield. If we’re being honest, none of us were confident we’d assembled a league winning squad pre season with many thinking Dumbarton and Arbroath looked stronger.

He had less than a week to address these weaknesses before the loan window shut and then his only option was free agents who were still available 4 months into the season.

His signings so far Crane, Armstrong and Hendry are very encouraging and if he can bring anything close to the same quality in January then things will start to look up. 

With regards to the Vaughan substitution, I thought it was fairly obvious one to make. We had no creativity in the middle of the park and when you’re 2 nil down at half time at home, you should get as many match winners on as possible to turn it around. If he’d made a like for like change with Flanagan or Buchanan he’d have been hounded.

The only positive I can take from yesterday is that we’re only 1 point worse off and it’s still possible Arbroath could implode.

However, we don’t look like a title winning side and East Fife are only 3 points behind us.

We’ve let Barry Smith put a squad together then hoped McGlynn could do better with the squad of players. It’s a squad with no strong goalkeeper, no real full backs, midfielders aplenty and only one real striker.

Unless things change then in all likelihood it’s the dreaded play-offs again.