The New Raith Rovers Thread

39 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

McGlynn saying in his pre match interview we've had no offers for players, neither loanee keepers returning, but worst of all Hendry's injury will keep him out until March so we won't see him back.

Was just away to post this following today's presser with the manager. O also grabbed a word with Lewis Vaughan and he said he was a Raith player until the summer and is fully concentrated on Saturday's match vs Stenhousemuir... He did say though "you never know what can happen" and when asked about potentially extending his stay beyond the summer, he was cautious, coy and seemed slightly uncomfortable, IMO. 

I'm not convinced he will go just now but if he starts scoring and assisting again, as well as proving his fitness / injury issues are once more behind him, I can't see him remaining with Raith past the summer, promotion or not. 

5 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Was just away to post this following today's presser with the manager. O also grabbed a word with Lewis Vaughan and he said he was a Raith player until the summer and is fully concentrated on Saturday's match vs Stenhousemuir... He did say though "you never know what can happen" and when asked about potentially extending his stay beyond the summer, he was cautious, coy and seemed slightly uncomfortable, IMO. 

I'm not convinced he will go just now but if he starts scoring and assisting again, as well as proving his fitness / injury issues are once more behind him, I can't see him remaining with Raith past the summer, promotion or not. 

Can't blame him, we're a shitshow, and he needs to get his career back on track. 

2 hours ago, Frank conner said:

If Vaughan does move on I hope it's not more of the undisclosed fee nonsense. 

Aye, best to accurately communicate the pittance they receive so we can all go properly Tonto.

That undisclosed fee thing is a pain. Best to just let us know. We all know we’ll get a pittance in fees anyway. Might as well just tell us.

2 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Or what?

We've been through this before, if either party doesn't wish to disclose the fee it won't go public.

This won't sit well with most folk but that's how deals are done.

How come this never used to happen? Did the papers just have better sources back in the day?

Maybe it’s just that those transfer fees back in the ‘80s and ‘90s were worth talking about and all the clubs up here are now a bit embarrassed at the level of transfer fees they can actually afford to pay. Makes them look a bit diddy. Personally I think it makes sense just waiting until the player is out (or nearly out) of contract and paying nothing or a pittance.

Hopefully Vaughan can stay with us until May and help us up to the Championship after a strong second half of the season.

Otherwise his legacy will be scoring the goals for Dumbarton which helped to dump us into the play-off spot, which subsequently saw us relegated (aye, aye, Board/Manager sent him there, but still the fact remains) and then hitting the post on the last day of the season which prevented us winning the league.

Just now, gm_1982 said:

Was Scott Robertson any use for you guys? Signed for Brechin until the end of the season.

Go easy as we need hope.

He was rubbish his first season, but after that was a good player for us.  

Is it definitely the same Scott Robertson, though? I understood he'd retired due to persistent injuries after he left us. 

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
5 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:
Was Scott Robertson any use for you guys? Signed for Brechin until the end of the season.

Go easy as we need hope.

Nope he is horse shit. Like all but Nisbet who Barry Smith has signed over the last 18 months.

Was signed by Mckinnon. 

Go easy as we need hope.

I thought he was decent last season and we missed him in the middle of the park when he was injured or being played ridiculously out of position (centre half to cover for injuries) by Smith.

12 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

Go easy as we need hope.

When he played we generally won. If he didn’t play we lost. He was ‘the’ key midfielder for most of last season.

Him and Craig Easton left to do youth coaching at Dundee United, didn’t they? Have they been punted with Shabba?

Edited by Scary Bear

That news about the Hendry injury is a hammer blow. Him coming back at the level he was at pre injury was about the only hope I had left.

If both keepers are leaving I'm hoping McGlynn has lined up someone else to come in as a no 1 and not just a back up.

1 hour ago, gm_1982 said:

Go easy as we need hope.

He was outstanding for you in the playoff game at SP when you relegated us.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That news about the Hendry injury is a hammer blow. Him coming back at the level he was at pre injury was about the only hope I had left.

If both keepers are leaving I'm hoping McGlynn has lined up someone else to come in as a no 1 and not just a back up.

Offer the Stenny keeper a deal and hope he has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for a ft club.

Nope he is horse shit. Like all but Nisbet who Barry Smith has signed over the last 18 months.

Go easy as we need hope.

:lol: f**k Sake! An absolute awful description of the signing tbh.

I’d have Scott Robertson for us this year easily.

Whenever he played last year, we were a different side altogether. We looked a lot better in the middle of the park with him there than without him.

Should be a solid enough signing for you.

Is it the same Scott Robertson though? There are 2 of them and the one we had retired to take up an U20’s role at Dundee United just 6 months ago?