The New Raith Rovers Thread

Things were spoilt a bit at the game today by a moaning faced auld c**t in front of me and another behind me.

It was all downhill until they started verbal jousting between themselves, two more wrong fuckers you could never find but the most entertainment of the afternoon.

Don't ever change Rovers supporters.

16 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Things were spoilt a bit at the game today by a moaning faced auld c**t in front of me and another behind me.

It was all downhill until they started verbal jousting between themselves, two more wrong fuckers you could never find but the most entertainment of the afternoon.

Don't ever change Rovers supporters.

:lol: Aye, there were a few characters in the crowd today. One guy near us had a particular hatred of Mallan for some unknown reason. 

I did enjoy someone slagging the lads at the back of the lower for "not supporting the club" each week only to berate the players for "not giving a f**k and weren't fit to wear the shirt"

We didn’t turn up today. Really piss poor. Hibs are a better team than us but they weren’t even made to work for it.

A play off against East Fife all that is left of the season and going by the mentality of the squad, we’ll lose that. Buckle up for another season in the seaside league 

8 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

We didn’t turn up today. Really piss poor. Hibs are a better team than us but they weren’t even made to work for it.

A play off against East Fife all that is left of the season and going by the mentality of the squad, we’ll lose that. Buckle up for another season in the seaside league 

Can’t wait for the latest play-off disaster. No danger this squad are negotiating the treacherous waters of the play-offs. Glug glug glug.

That said, i’ll be there on Saturday for the big game with Arbroath (did I really just write that...it seems I did). The fightback for the league title starts on Saturday.

[emoji38] Aye, there were a few characters in the crowd today. One guy near us had a particular hatred of Mallan for some unknown reason. 
I did enjoy someone slagging the lads at the back of the lower for "not supporting the club" each week only to berate the players for "not giving a f**k and weren't fit to wear the shirt"
If there was a guy with a yellow and black hat on constantly berating mgglynn for not having someone marking David gray (hibs number 2) then I offer no apologies. How it was never spotted and rectified is beyond me, gray had the freedom of the left side in the first half.

East Fife is it aye ?

Was exactly what it says on the tin. Average Premiership side against average League 1 side. 

We are quite shit, but we knew that before today.

Tactics weren't great, but those players would have been equally poor played another way. That's the core issue there.  

Gray had so much space because that's how hibs play. They push gray and Lewis to an extent on to double up on the fullback. That's why Gillespie and Nat were so deep and being pulled wide at times, which led to a few chances more centrally. I'm yet to see a rovers manager since that has looked to counter that. The difference in ability was on show when this happened aswell. We can argue that the formation, tactics etc weren't right all we want but at the end of the 90 we were beaten by a better team full of players we could only dream of having at the moment.

As a side note, davo hurting himself while attempting to body someone sums him up these days. He couldn't even go full 10 yard sprint and reckless lunge without fucking it up. I hope to f**k he's let go of regardless of what league we end up in next season!

24 minutes ago, grumswall said:

As a side note, davo hurting himself while attempting to body someone sums him up these days. He couldn't even go full 10 yard sprint and reckless lunge without fucking it up. I hope to f**k he's let go of regardless of what league we end up in next season!

I think everyone knows that it'd be best if we get rid of him at the end of the season. He's an awful footballer, liability defensively and has a track record of indiscipline. He's 35 now, and simply isn't good enough. Whether he retires, or drops down to part time, then that's fine, but he needs to leave the club. 

The reality is, McGlynn will offer him another 1 year deal and we'll watch him blunder through another season at this level. I genuinely look forward to the day we no longer have to put up with watching him hoof balls up the park. 

I think everyone knows that it'd be best if we get rid of him at the end of the season. He's an awful footballer, liability defensively and has a track record of indiscipline. He's 35 now, and simply isn't good enough. Whether he retires, or drops down to part time, then that's fine, but he needs to leave the club. 
The reality is, McGlynn will offer him another 1 year deal and we'll watch him blunder through another season at this level. I genuinely look forward to the day we no longer have to put up with watching him hoof balls up the park. 
Spot on. I have faith, it may be blind, that mcglynn will sort the defense out when he has the money to do so.

He's given Thomson a start today because his save against the pars earned us this game as much as vaughans goals. I would imagine Lyness will be back in next week, Robbie didn't really do anything wrong today though.

For all that people are moaning about mcglynn, his worst signing that I can think of has been Hendry. That's only because he unfortunately got injured. Every other signing has improved us and hendry improved us massively when he played. I'm not judging barjonas at this point as it would be unfair.

He doesn't have a bottomless pit of money. We are league 1 ffs.

I would disagree about McGlynn's signings. Crane is absolutely hopeless and not only did McGlynn sign him, he then extended his loan.
Barjonas looks like he's going to join the long list of passengers we've signed from The Rangers, and then there is Flanagan, a guy with a heart the size of a pea who McGlynn has signed up for next season.

I think Rovers full backs should be much closer to their wing opponents . Gray should have been experiencing a lot of tackles but it seems that we are happy to let other teams send in crosses or come inside & open up our defence. 

John McGlynn would have had limited funds & limited options in the winter transfer window but we need to make tactical changes. Let's see more & faster forward passes.

I think Rovers full backs should be much closer to their wing opponents . Gray should have been experiencing a lot of tackles but it seems that we are happy to let other teams send in crosses or come inside & open up our defence. 
John McGlynn would have had limited funds & limited options in the winter transfer window but we need to make tactical changes. Let's see more & faster forward passes.

That's a bold statement.

23 hours ago, JAR said:

A classic statement from someone who’s never played the game before. The reason we allowed Gray and Stevenson to hug the touch line is because we want to keep a compact back 4. If we went tight on them, there would be a massive space in the middle for their forward players to run in to. You’ll notice that no goals, or even decent chances came from them having that space on the touchline?

I still have a very slim hope of the league, posted on the game thread why but if it is the playoffs this would be my ideal situation.

Play East Fife. We’ve not won against them yet but to be honest I don’t fancy going to Angus again.

Dunfermline in the playoff final would be fantastic. We would expect to lose, if we get beat it’s not a massive shame, we get the wee team pelters but most folk seem to think we will spend another season in league 1 anyway... but if we relegate Dunfermline... oh my. That turns such a shite shite season into one that will be remembered for years

All this is probs slim chances but I like to like in dreamland every now and then.