The New Raith Rovers Thread

To send a message I'd hope for an attendance in the low hundreds. With any luck Queen's fans can find a dodgy link on the internet to watch the game.

Yeah it's how I'll be viewing now. I would have bought the stream but not now. Though I won't be gutted if I fail to find a stream given how shit we are.

Posted this back when the rumours were out - this is the case report from Goodwillie's trial. 

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

If anyone wants to argue it was 'only' a civil trial and that this is somehow not that bad, please read the report. In my view, he is damn lucky he was never criminally charged. 

This is not someone I want playing for my club. 

Edited by Michael W

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You’ll have people attending the Queens match tonight despite this signing, who wouldn’t bother if the club weren’t challenging at the top end of the table.

Poor form puts them off more than rapist players. 

It’ll really be quite interesting to see. It never harmed the Clyde attendances, there is a home game for Raith on Saturday too so it’ll be a good early indicator of the kind of impact it will have. I’m really not too sure what to expect in regards to numbers

Edited by 1320Lichtie

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

And yet another example of why people are scared to come forward after being sexually assaulted. Even when it's proven you still get shit like this in today's society.

f**k.

Me.

I know, mind boggling isn't it "he didn't go out with the intention to rape anyone" but he did it anyway when the opportunity arose so that's ok?

How the f**k can anyone's mind work like that? or, indeed, how can anyone defend it? If a person has a mind that can rape another human being, pre-meditated or not, then they shouldnt be trusted, ever. Imagine your daughter, sister etc being around guys like that, guys that will stick their dick in her given half a chance, any chance, sober or drunk, conscious or unconscious - to hell with consent.

As an aside, my wife had her drink spiked on a night out when I was there, luckily we found her collapsed in the bar toilet. I shudder to think what could have happened if she'd managed to get out of the toilet and whisked away before we found her. I'm also 99% sure that it also, incredibly happened to me on a seperate occasion although I think it was intended for my female friend, so in a way it lucky it was me that took the drink. This rape culture and acceptance of rape culture has to stop.

Edited by Tattie36

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Who are Kelty playing at the weekend?

If you fancy cheaper football then Kirkcaldy & Dysart are unfortunately away to Tweedmouth on Saturday or their crowd might have been boosted...they are at home to Coldstream on the 12th though ..

Lochgelly v Lochore and Dundonald v Tranent (could be a good game) are alternative fixtures near to the Lang Toon.

Last one before I go to bed, and likely last one for a long time. 

I am fucking shocked and beside myself at what’s happened tonight at Starks’ Park, and even more so at the actions of those who I trusted to keep the morals of the club in tact. Unsure how I’ll now spend my Saturday’s as yet, but it sure as shit won’t be in Kirkcaldy. 

Cheers. 

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

So he didn't rape anyone. Cheers. Yes he was a shit defence lawyer and a con-man c**t but your attempt at equivalence here is genuinely more pathetic than your usual sewer-dwelling output. 

Like I said, you're just a shite edgelord. 

Calm down flower. If only i could type slower so you could understand it.

You can't shit on Raith fans for defending their club when you support arguably the least finally scrupulous club in Scottish football history. 

Giovanni Di Stefano was praising Mussolini and was known to be a business associate of Arkan when your club were in bed with him.

I don't know how you balance your justification of this with being a virtue signalling little runt.

4 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Calm down flower. If only i could type slower so you could understand it.

You can't shit on Raith fans for defending their club when you support arguably the least finally scrupulous club in Scottish football history. 

Giovanni Di Stefano was praising Mussolini and was known to be a business associate of Arkan when your club were in bed with him.

I don't know how you balance your justification of this with being a virtue signalling little runt.

What a laughable old Tory windbag you are.

Just now, Raith_Raver said:

I'll be there to cheer him onto the pitch tomorrow.

Even better, we'll see if the woke brigade on here quit as promised :)

You don’t mind a rapist playing for your club?

3 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I have absolutely zero time for woke shite and virtue signalling etc but really not too sure how you could class any of this as that? 😂 

This isn’t faux outrage here. People are quite rightfully pissed off 

5 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I’m morbidly fascinated at what this statement is going to be around the signing, and my first instinct is, it’ll make matters worse. 

How on earth do they attempt to placate people like myself around what they’ve done, I’m not sure it’s possible? 

Fear this statement. It will 100% make things worse I’m sure. There’s no justification here so it’ll likely be horrible, weasel words. 

I vividly recall David Goodwillie's reaction after being lambasted by St Johnstone supporters during his last few months at United, in the midst of the rape allegations. He didn't respond in anger or by ignoring the 'rapist' taunts. He just turned towards the East Stand and smiled widely, almost as if he was proud of the situation or he deemed it to be hilarious. I found it quite weird and disturbing. I have my doubts about whether someone like that is ever capable of true change. His absence of remorse since then would further suggest this to be the case.

7 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Woke!!!

You don’t even know what it means you fucking half wit.

I pity the females in your life.

Edited by Tattie36

Even better, we'll see if the woke brigade on here quit as promised [emoji4]

Nothing like celebrating rapists to get yourself up for a game eh?

Better watch you don’t w**k yourself into a coma over this signing you despicable c**t.

7 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Not wanting a rapist to play for your club = woke 

You should consider taking your mouth out for a shite