The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 minutes ago, JTWell said:

Indeed however no mention of the hypocrisy of Raith’s (previous) sponsor making a career out of writing about increasingly deprived criminal activity,  including rape, in order to attract readers and make her more money.  

And don’t tell me it was all fiction as she has indicated her inspiration for characters such as Jacko Vance (Saville).  

giphy.gif.af424794f219803ba0567a5e74b0c51d.gif

32 minutes ago, JTWell said:

Indeed however no mention of the hypocrisy of Raith’s (previous) sponsor making a career out of writing about increasingly deprived criminal activity,  including rape, in order to attract readers and make her more money.  

And don’t tell me it was all fiction as she has indicated her inspiration for characters such as Jacko Vance (Saville).  

I’ve seen some wild takes on the internet in my time, but this might be the wildest one yet. Congrats.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I feel for our players who are out there tonight trying to their job in such circumstances knowing full well theres a lot of fans missing, due to incompetence from the manager and boardroom

The women's team captain has had the courage of her convictions to come out publicly against the club on this. Where are all the men's team players in this? I would only feel from them if I didn't think they were going to be welcoming "Goodie" to training with open arms over the next few days.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

The women's team captain has had the courage of her convictions to come out publicly against the club on this. Where are all the men's team players in this? I would only feel from them if I didn't think they were going to be welcoming "Goodie" to training with open arms over the next few days.

According to someone in the know , the players are not happy about it.......... watch this space I think

45 minutes ago, JTWell said:

An absolute stoater of a post. 

Night, night pal. Hope you wake up tomorrow in a more relevant century. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

All this grief to finish mid table - fucking wild.

Played really well for the majority.

Seen a couple of Clyde posters saying DG was carrying a knock and I’m certain he was told to stay away tonight. I couldn’t see him in the main stand. 

Be interesting to see the crowd on Saturday v Hamilton and if he’s in the squad. The players were well supported tonight but the boos were only directed at McGlynn. 

The crazy thing for me is Matej looks a proper striker but he’s not had a run of games. I’m confident if he had we wouldn’t have needed anyone as with Varian and Gillian it would’ve been enough. 

Was a difficult conversation explaining to my 11 year old what the issue was. Thanks RRFC for giving me that problem.

44 minutes ago, JTWell said:

OptimalFarflungHusky-size_restricted.gif

3 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

All this grief to finish mid table - fucking wild.

Played really well for the majority.

Seen a couple of Clyde posters saying DG was carrying a knock and I’m certain he was told to stay away tonight. I couldn’t see him in the main stand. 

Be interesting to see the crowd on Saturday v Hamilton and if he’s in the squad. The players were well supported tonight but the boos were only directed at McGlynn. 

The crazy thing for me is Matej looks a proper striker but he’s not had a run of games. I’m confident if he had we wouldn’t have needed anyone as with Varian and Gillian it would’ve been enough. 

Was a difficult conversation explaining to my 11 year old what the issue was. Thanks RRFC for giving me that problem.

B09692F8-5375-494E-83C2-BE56C9F0A644.thumb.jpeg.c18afe02f24e180b49ac046ff5356581.jpeg

He was there. 

9 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Didn't think he would of even been close to the game tonight Screenshot_20220201-220600_Facebook.jpg

Niall on the Rovers commentary mentioned they might have a mystery guest on the commentary in the second half.  Then it never got mentioned again and he did all the commentary himself.

Got a really awful feeling that Goodwillie was going to be the mystery guest but then they realised that would be the third stupid thing the club had done in 24 hours.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
49 minutes ago, JTWell said:

Cretin alert. Go give yourself a fuckin hoover.