The New Raith Rovers Thread

29 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Was one of the best counter attacks I've ever seen from the stands. Some impact from Big Casa. Remember getting beat that mid week at EEP in the (League?) Cup. Went on Saturday and had no idea we'd even signed the Argentinian maestro. An absolute cult hero.

On the best saves, there could be a full thread of just McGurn. The triple vs Ayr a personal favourite. 

14 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Was one of the best counter attacks I've ever seen from the stands. Some impact from Big Casa. Remember getting beat that mid week at EEP in the (League?) Cup. Went on Saturday and had no idea we'd even signed the Argentinian maestro. An absolute cult hero.

On the best saves, there could be a full thread of just McGurn. The triple vs Ayr a personal favourite. 

The only other end to end drama I've ever seen that would be on level with that was also at East End in 1994-95.

Ally Graham puts Rovers 1-0 up with a header from a corner, at their end, with about eight minutes left. The Pars take centre, launch it into our box, our defenders are totally switched off and Scott Thomson has to foul the Pars player. Within seconds he's saved Hamish French's penalty and we hold on for a win.

On 03/07/2023 at 17:03, Rovers_Lad said:

Anyone at the 200 club AGM yesterday that could give a wee update,couldn,t make it.Believe there were many changes on the agenda.

Cant remember it being mentioned but catering suppliers changing for this season,butcher in Kelty now.

On 03/07/2023 at 17:36, spot on said:

Butchers are owned by McKenzie

Maybe Jilted John if you read the threads and not an individual post you won’t make a ****  of yourself trying to be a smart arse 🙄

6 minutes ago, renton said:

So... Watson and either Masson or Corr at CB on Saturday then, since we can't move Dick as we have no full back cover.

The bit that worries me about that ( tenna pad fitted) is in the article he says he is happy with his starters , so two 18 year olds as starters, don’t agree with Murray about that, disappointing 

4 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

The bit that worries me about that ( tenna pad fitted) is in the article he says he is happy with his starters , so two 18 year olds as starters, don’t agree with Murray about that, disappointing 

I agree after such good early business we go into our first competitive game with potentially 4  fit defenders maybe 5, 2 being kids and midfielders for cover.

14 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

He’s hardly going to say he doesn’t trust the defenders he’ll be starting on Saturday.