The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

20-21 was the best year this decade and even then ended up being won by the recently relegated side (regular occurrence that, parachute payment needs cut IMO).  If country come down they’ll spend like f**k just like last time. Livi for Dundee United no other movement is what everyone should want if they can’t go up themselves 

Aye, we had a massive opportunity that year - felt at the time that was the chance.

Good signing I think. Especially short term with a view to a longer deal if he performs. Thought he was decent and aggressive in every game we played against Hamilton last few seasons, too aggressive in the cup final of course. Wonder if this is because Watson Is out longer or because Byrne is cup tied or both?

His CV seems to show almost all CB and a little LB play…the LB was mainly two years ago with the Accies. Has played once or twice at RB and various Mids.

Suspect this would put Masson in at RB in two weeks, IF healthy…so he might miss the Pars match just in case. Also suspect the 4-6 weeks to go for Watson was true, given this signing. I also wonder about McGill.

McGill's moonboot was precautionary from what I can gather. Easton was also in a moonboot earlier this season and he was back in a short space of time. I think in this case it really is as simple as we need cover at centre half for a longer period than anticipated.

On a more upbeat note, just in the door from the hall of fame night there and it was superb. Well done to everyone involved in organising it.

Great night tonight at the Hall of Fame. As usual Bill Leckie was very good and brilliant to hear Paquito talking so well about his time at the club. Nice touch to induct him. Barnes spoke well but needed a bit more humour, but McAllister was really good, spoke very well and provided the type of stories you want to hear.

Well done to all the organisers.

I'll be honest and say I don't really remember much about O'Reilly from his time at Hamilton other than the sending off in the final.  I do recall them being strong in the air at the back as a team though so assume he was a big part of that.  

It could allow him to slot in at CB with Murray and therefore allow Brown to go back into midfield.  Who the hell do you drop though?????

With regards to the RB slot up in Inverness, I'd be amazed if it was anyone other than McGill (assuming he's fit).

33 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

I belive Bell Lickie got Leishman to sing Geordie Munro?

Yep, for £50 to charity. David Latto came on to sing his version and they got the big fud to come on stage.

It was a brilliant night again. Paquito was very emotional talking about his time here.

Didn't realise how intelligent a man John Barnes is but hoped he was going to give some funny stories. Gary Mcalister was brilliant and spoke about that penalty miss.

All the inductees deserved their awards, was great to see Gordon Arthur getting inducted. He was my favourite player back in the day.

Ian Murray will sit down with his management team within the next couple of months before offering new deals to out-of-contract Raith Rovers players.

Most of those signed up in the summer are already on deals stretching into next season but the likes of Sam Stanton, Ross Millen, Lewis Vaughan and Dylan Easton are all on deals that expire at the end of the season.

As has been the case since John Potter was brought to the club, the Raith technical director will do most of the leg work when it comes to contract renewals, leaving Murray and assistant manager Colin Cameron to focus on the football.

The Raith manager said discussions over new deals would begin soon.

15 hours ago, pub car king said:

Perhaps McGill is fucked as well then which means we have even less cover at fullback making it harder to play Dick at CH. 

read a piece in the courier that was published a few mins ago on twitter by Craig cairns with the contract extension frame…. It said Masson picked up an injury during the game

then I was watching that oh no no no podcast and I think John Greer said he was talking to McGill and he said he was wearing a protective boot (could just be a precaution) so the O’Reilly signing makes sense 

Edited by RRFC_Liam