The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Aye, we were in the same section but next to the aisle on the right so it didn’t affect us as much as those on the left but it was still pretty annoying. 
If you want to stand, buy tickets for the back of the stand. 

I was right behind the rhs goalpost but about 9 rows back.  Guy behind me was going nuts at me as I was standing, as everyone in front of me was.....
Said to him in no uncertain terms I didny pay £25 to look at the back of the guy in fronts jaiket, and I would only sit down when I could see....
Wasny chuffed but hey ho.  Agree anyone wanting to stand should be up the back where they wont block anybodys view.  However the 'young team' like to be front so they can invade the park like the potential fine inducing bams they are.....  To their credit though, only one of them did it on Saturday.

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

Actually surprised there wasn't more of an uproar about folk sitting where they wanted as I'd imagine the folk that bought restricted view tickets probably chanced sitting somewhere else. I ended up in a different seat and row altogether. Also interesting that the youngsters were refused entry with their drum yet Dundee Utd fans had one. 

27 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Actually surprised there wasn't more of an uproar about folk sitting where they wanted as I'd imagine the folk that bought restricted view tickets probably chanced sitting somewhere else. I ended up in a different seat and row altogether. Also interesting that the youngsters were refused entry with their drum yet Dundee Utd fans had one. 

Mental that folk think it’s ok to sit in a different seat than the one they’ve paid for. 
I was organised early and bought seats right behind the goal. If you wanted to sit there but didn’t buy your tickets in time tough. 
I didn’t realise this was actually going on on Saturday- folk would have been telt tae bolt if they’d been in the seats I paid for. 

The standing thing is weird behaviour but becomes a chain reaction. There was an old boy two rows in front of me who saw nothing for about the last 15mins as everyone around him was standing and he either refused to or couldn’t. 
And it’s also just as well we scored when we did because not long before that it looked like it was starting to get ugly between a couple of fannies with their CP company uniform who refused to sit and (I think) a woman a couple of rows behind. 

33 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Mental that folk think it’s ok to sit in a different seat than the one they’ve paid for. 
I was organised early and bought seats right behind the goal. If you wanted to sit there but didn’t buy your tickets in time tough. 
I didn’t realise this was actually going on on Saturday- folk would have been telt tae bolt if they’d been in the seats I paid for. 

This has always been an interesting topic. Unless the club explicit say “sit in the seat on your ticket” then it is just a free for all. 

if the young team stand at the front again then that means everyone else will be standing behind them. That’s the way it goes, normally people would just move seats but the fact we pretty much sold out the utd end, it didn’t give anyone a chance to move to another seat 

Disagree with that. The ticket is for a particular seat. 
IMG_4205.thumb.jpeg.a28c40f0942ca2a62a932ea4e62c20ae.jpeg

Maybe years ago when you couldn’t pick the particular seat online and you just got what you were given, and maybe if the stand isn’t sold out but definitely not acceptable on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Not to that United are to blame, but if the full stand was made available at once, the club could've been avoided as they could've given a dedicated portion to the young team.

Definitely agree with this. The last trip to East End it was well publicised by the club where the young team were going to be, so you could join in or avoid.

No one with any sense wants anyone not to be able to see, however the atmosphere created at points last Sat was superb and probably played a big part in getting us the win. Hopefully the club can publicise a singing section prior to the next trips to East End and Tannadice (Tannadice is the more critical as theres always room to move at East End) 

Edited by Halbeath Raith Rover

38 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Disagree with that. The ticket is for a particular seat. 
IMG_4205.thumb.jpeg.a28c40f0942ca2a62a932ea4e62c20ae.jpeg

Maybe years ago when you couldn’t pick the particular seat online and you just got what you were given, and maybe if the stand isn’t sold out but definitely not acceptable on Saturday. 

I agree with you, but it just takes a few people to say to everyone sit where you want and people will follow that. Hence why clubs have to come out and say sit in your allocated seat 

22 hours ago, Ex Machina said:

Don't want to exaggerate but Sam Stanton is the greatest midfielder of his generation. 

got it on good authority that Easton is going to extend his contract.

by good authority I mean a feeling inside, which is a longer shot that a random twitter account I appreciate. Nonetheless I believe.

I was sat down the front with the young ones and had no problem getting them to move so I could stand at my seat. Quite enjoyed being in with them and getting involved singing with them as well to be honest. There was a fair bit of aggro between them and the stewards early on in the game about standing in the stairs but they where generally pretty well behaved. 

2 hours ago, Offshore Rover said:

I agree with you, but it just takes a few people to say to everyone sit where you want and people will follow that. Hence why clubs have to come out and say sit in your allocated seat 

The reason seats are allocated is so that people who can't stand for a period of time can sit in their chosen seat. What if you're there with your young family and have booked seats together? The stewards are going to have to start moving people and that'll only start bother. Anyway, it's just as easy asking whoever it is that standing in front of you to swap seats with them if you don't want to stand.

23 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Here’s is the account replying to one of the rovers fan pages ie Easton as said either this is real or complete Bs 

IMG_1339.png

For future reference, players in Scotland can be offered pre-contracts from the start of December. So if you see someone like the person above claiming it wont happen until January, theres a very high chance theyre simply making it up.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

For future reference, players in Scotland can be offered pre-contracts from the start of December. So if you see someone like the person above claiming it wont happen until January, theres a very high chance theyre simply making it up.

That depends when their contract ends Shirley. The likelihood of them having a contract that ends a month later than everyone else's is pretty slim though.