The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I meant CH but yeah he did play right back and left back for us so this Myth he can only play left side is bs 

There is no myth, players have sides they prefer to play on. Davidson always right, Bene on the left, that's not to say they couldn't play on the other side. Van Dyke never plays on the right side of defence always left but Gomez fills in on the left but would prefer to play on the right. 

Is there any movement to get excited about or are we swithering on O’Reilly, let’s be honest I’ve heard Queens Park and D Utd are in the hunt for the players Rovers are looking at, we can’t compete with their spending power, it’s basically how we sell the club to players and agents. Money talks though. 

43 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Is there any movement to get excited about or are we swithering on O’Reilly, let’s be honest I’ve heard Queens Park and D Utd are in the hunt for the players Rovers are looking at, we can’t compete with their spending power, it’s basically how we sell the club to players and agents. Money talks though. 

I think we've got to accept the fact O'Reilly is away else he'd surely have signed by now

O'Reilly (and, more pertinently, his agent) hold all the cards. There's no incentive for them to commit so quickly. They've got the whole of January to leverage five (!) parties against one another. 

You'd have to think, all things being equal, that we'd be favourites to keep him. If another club wants to tip that balance by throwing money at him, then fair play to them, and to him. 

I may be totally wrong but I'd suggest that if he hasn't signed by Saturday then he won't be one of ours. If going elsewhere and wants a game this weekend then he'll also have to sign for whoever by Saturday. Watch out perhaps for news over the next three days?

Fair play to the boy, we couldve offered him til the end of the season but didny.

That said, if he doesn't sign we still have Murray, Watson, Corr, Mason, Dick and Brown that can play centre half so we won't break the bank to keep him. 

I would like him to stay but there's other clubs with more money and some that are far more desperate than we are.

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

I think we've officially hit our dodgy patch of the season we all expected. We've thrown away a couple of games now Ayr and Arbroath and were deservedly beaten on Saturday. 

We now have key players with injuries Kev, Stanton no news on Murray yet. 

The only saving grace on Saturday was Dindee United getting beat but they've already got the cheque book out this week. 

This is the test of management and squad to see how we get through it. 

Also dick at the end of the game on Saturday was limping a bit but not sure if it was cramp or a legit injury 

2 hours ago, Stardog_champion said:

Dundee United don’t need a Left footed CH they’ve got Holt and that lad Graham and I doubt both teams are looking at the exact same players we are I’ve heard a few names and I very much doubt both would be looking at that the same types we are but that’s my opinion though 

26 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

O'Reilly (and, more pertinently, his agent) hold all the cards. There's no incentive for them to commit so quickly. They've got the whole of January to leverage five (!) parties against one another. 

You'd have to think, all things being equal, that we'd be favourites to keep him. If another club wants to tip that balance by throwing money at him, then fair play to them, and to him. 

It'll be between us and the Arabs, the only 2 clubs that he could win a meddle with.

30 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Is he still training with us ??

2 hours ago, Stardog_champion said:

I reckon it's probably less to do with money and more to do with length of contract. If we were to offer him 18 months there's a good chance he stays, but offer him a contract to the end of the season and there's a good chance he goes.

8 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I reckon it's probably less to do with money and more to do with length of contract. If we were to offer him 18 months there's a good chance he stays, but offer him a contract to the end of the season and there's a good chance he goes.

Looking at it long term, the whole back line with the exception of Murray and young Hannah are all out of contract come June, to me was a no brainer offering him an 18 month deal but then I'm not holding the purse strings or a crystal ball as to where we'll be playing next season. Just gotta trust Barrowman Potter & co to coax the right players in I guess

I think a line needs to be drawn under this by the end of the week. If he stays great because I think we need someone.

If he's still weighing up his options then thank you very much and we'll move onto someone else.