The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, mealsonwheels said:

The league is still in our hands!

It was in your hands when we gave you a free hit at the DABs with a 0-0 up there, then again on Friday. The free hits have now ran out I think. May well be the case you've had your shot at the title, can't see you winning up there again and racking up enough points now.

Just now, Rammit Bawdeep said:

It was in your hands when we gave you a free hit at the DABs with a 0-0 up there, then again on Friday. The free hits have now ran out I think. May well be the case you've had your shot at the title, can't see you winning up there again and racking up enough points now.

Aye it’s a shame we don’t play the Pars again….

1 minute ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Still got Morton and Airdrie????

After United at Tannadice we’ve got 3 home games in a week. I think after that week we’ll have a decent indication on how the season will end. 

Must say that the ticket sales for Wednesday look broadly disappointing so far. Can’t understand why, if you’re a Rovers fan with nothing to do on Wednesday and £15 in your pocket, you wouldn’t go. Anything less than 2000 would be a disgrace. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Must say that the ticket sales for Wednesday look broadly disappointing so far. Can’t understand why, if you’re a Rovers fan with nothing to do on Wednesday and £15 in your pocket, you wouldn’t go. Anything less than 2000 would be a disgrace. 

I'm going, but the timing is slightly odd. Pre season Sat afternoon ko you would have a 4 figure away support on top of the home support.

Edited by Guest

If I'm a rovers player seeing a testimonial for *Lewis Vaughan* with a crowd in the hundreds, I'm thinking there is probably nothing I could ever do or overcome to have these fans fully onside. 

Absolutely can't get my head around it.

Surely with folk realising there's no game at the weekend sales will pick up.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Ticket bought for the LV Match…picked the worst seat available since I can’t attend. Wonder if they’ve considered offering signed by LV physical tickets for purchasers, for an additional fee/revenue for LV?

Yeah I'll probably do the same. 

53 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

If I'm a rovers player seeing a testimonial for *Lewis Vaughan* with a crowd in the hundreds, I'm thinking there is probably nothing I could ever do or overcome to have these fans fully onside. 

Absolutely can't get my head around it.

Surely with folk realising there's no game at the weekend sales will pick up.

I don't think there will be a massive crowd, sadly. It is a rubbish time - in terms of both being mid week and the time of the year. Hibs aren't really pushing it either, which doesn't help. I do feel the pricing could have been better - I think charging for kids was a miss-step, and a discount for Season Ticket holders would have made sense

Unless Rovers start announcing some 'really special guests', or the media team manage to spread the word more I think that ticket sales will continue to be slow.

Lewis is such a great player and an absolute gentleman - please everyone... prove me very, very wrong.

Don't think its overly unfair to be a bit disappointed after Saturday.  Regardless of where we started the season, we are currently in a title battle, and its another example of Utd dropping points and us being unable to capitalise.  Probably doesn't help that we are not playing at the weekend, as that would have left it our own hands to leave Tannadice top of the league.

The frustrating thing from my point of view is that Utd have done exactly what we needed.  My fear after the last game at Tannadice in December was that they would throw some weight at the transfer market in January, and/or go on a brilliant run of form, in the wake of that result.  They have done neither, in fact they have dropped plenty points in that period - so to actually be further behind is pretty disappointing.  Even ignoring the game at Starks a few weeks ago, they have lost on 3 other occasions since the turn of the year - and we've not won any of those games at the same time.  If you told any Rovers fan leaving Tannadice that day that they would lose at least 4 times before we were back there, and we still wouldn't be arriving back there top of the league, I'm sure even the most positive supporter would have been extremely disappointed at that. 

I also don't think next season would necessarily be any easier - we are largely seeing the benefits of our early season run - no guarantees that happens again, and without having the stats to hand it feels like the league is tightening up in terms of form in the 2nd half of the season.  This is the best chance we've had for years - and I think a bit too much is looked into the fact that its Dundee Utd, regardless of who it is we are up against its a massive opportunity. 

That said, didn't feel Saturday itself was a bottling or anything like that.  Played well enough, looked solid enough, just couldn't get the goal - but it wasnt for the want of effort or decent play - and in the end we look far more assured at the back as well.  It won't be where I'm looking towards if we don't win the league - that will be blowing 2 x 2 goal leads to an absolutely awful Arbroath side.  Saturday felt a million miles away from that Friday night a couple of weeks back.  Also looking towards that awful late December and January period which saw us piss points away from winning positions at home - all against (at the time) pretty poor sides.

However, if you said to me leaving Gayfield that we would be level on points at this stage I would have been absolutely delighted.  7 from 9 since then is a very good return, and leaves it all to play for. 

Edited by CALDERON

I’m going to play devils advocate here and say that there’s not been enough done by our social media team to get anyone excited for this. Who’s playing? Have we got any ‘legends’ coming back to play?

The timing is also silly. Should have been in pre season rather than during the run in.

£15 is also over priced for seeing our fringe players play a non contact, walking football style for fear of injury against a Hibs youth team.

Lewis deserves better from the club on this one.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the prices. This is money going straight to Vaughan not the club so I don't think allowing free entry was ever an option. 

If folk don't have time to go or don't want to watch a kickabout buy a ticket anyway if you can afford it. If you can't afford the £15, maybe buy a £5 ticket if you can afford it. 

2 hours ago, The Stig said:

He is probably only coming up to watch but if Regan is going to play in the game that would be fantastic 

Not seen who’s going to play in this one, I’d have thought our social media would be all over any noticeable names like Regan Hendry as it would probably shift extra tickets. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t at least make a wee cameo appearance but I guess that would be up to his club. 

3 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Lewis deserves a great attendance and I hope it happens.

The paltry turnout that McGurn got made me extremely sceptical about people's desire to attend testimonials though. 

Especially seeing how universally loved he was by our support. 

I found that one in particular annoying. Folk were on at the club for years about not giving the guy the respect he deserves, only for a few hundred to show up to what was a really good afternoon. John Greer running on the pitch with a microphone and a pie chasing down Allan Walker was comedy goal.