The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Our pitch is looking a bit tired and needs replacing soon or words to that affect

•  

Not read any complaints about it deteriorating from any of the teams that have played on, can only assume it is still holding up fine.

If the Premiership shite and the wee gimp Brendan Rodgers have their way, we'll be replacing the surface regardless. 

Great occasion for Vaughan tonight, really great to see a support that was maybe 30% higher than last season's average league attendance turn out to congratulate him. Some effort considering the slow uptake on sales. 

Hannah looked tidy, He's got very good recovery pace as well, number of times he got back to a tackle was impressive, great to see the improvement from him. 

On the overall game, not much to say about it other than as per usual we had zero presence in the middle of the pitch. 

On a separate note, Dundee United are pathetic, cutting our allocation and putting us into an even more garbage stand and being generally wee bitches about next weekend. Can only hope it bites them in the arse.

On 18/03/2024 at 13:16, Rammit Bawdeep said:

It was in your hands when we gave you a free hit at the DABs with a 0-0 up there, then again on Friday. The free hits have now ran out I think. May well be the case you've had your shot at the title, can't see you winning up there again and racking up enough points now.

Well I couldn't see you guys smashing them on Friday last. How did that turn out?!

16 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

On a separate note, Dundee United are pathetic, cutting our allocation and putting us into an even more garbage stand and being generally wee bitches about next weekend. Can only hope it bites them in the arse.

What a bizarre statement. United can do what they want. Its their ground. Why would they ever want to give you any sort of advantage in such a big game? 

However I'd remind you of April 96 when we went up there on the 2nd last day of the season for the title decider. They rammed us in the rickety old stand hoping it would silence us. It didn't. It had the exact opposite effect. We won 1-0. 🏆

3 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

What a bizarre statement. United can do what they want. Its their ground. Why would they ever want to give you any sort of advantage in such a big game? 

However I'd remind you of April 96 when we went up there on the 2nd last day of the season for the title decider. They rammed us in the rickety old stand hoping it would silence us. It didn't. It had the exact opposite effect. We won 1-0. 🏆

Of course they can, we could have dumped them in the SM stand on the railway side alone but didn't. Football should always be about the fans, as many through the gates as you can safely get. No club in this league (or the majority of the top league) are in a place to realistically turn people away. Its not like United will sell out the rest of the ground. 

Like I said, hope it bites them in the arse, as it did with you guys in 96. 

Anyone who looked at tonight, a game that Ian Murray and colin Cameron played in, as an indication of skill level has had a mare tbh. It was what a closed door friendly is normally like, with the added nous that it was a chance for us to show some love to oor no 10. 

7 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Of course they can, we could have dumped them in the SM stand on the railway side alone but didn't. Football should always be about the fans, as many through the gates as you can safely get. No club in this league (or the majority of the top league) are in a place to realistically turn people away. Its not like United will sell out the rest of the ground. 

Like I said, hope it bites them in the arse, as it did with you guys in 96. 

Dundee United need to go up, for many reasons and all of them their own. I don't blame them for doing what they see fit to make that happen. That's their perogative. The smart arsed social media pish your people produce hasn't won you any friends and Dundee United will be thinking **** them, like any other club would. 

Sliding into Sunday ......etc

16 minutes ago, North West said:

Dundee United need to go up, for many reasons and all of them their own. I don't blame them for doing what they see fit to make that happen. That's their perogative. The smart arsed social media pish your people produce hasn't won you any friends and Dundee United will be thinking **** them, like any other club would. 

It's incredible how much a few joke tweets have broken some people.  Fair play to club.

I enjoyed Lewis's game last night. There were a good few positives to take from it despite the result. I did get the feeling that Hibs took it a bit more serious than we were expecting - which is absolute credit to them. With our squad size, we clearly had a few players we weren't willing to risk for a full game... which made sense.

I watched on RaithTV due to being isolated in deep, dark England. It is such a wonderful set-up and all involved need massive credit for what they do. I really enjoyed the guest co-commentators, and it was nice to have Regan back at starks.

1 hour ago, North West said:

The smart arsed social media pish your people produce hasn't won you any friends and Dundee United will be thinking **** them, like any other club would. 

You alright wee guy? Want to tell us where the bad social media people hurt you? 🥲

12 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

You alright wee guy? Want to tell us where the bad social media people hurt you? 🥲

Condescending pish, and about the level of your infantile social media 'banter'.

Sliding into Sunday etc.....

1 hour ago, North West said:

Sad Eric Cartman GIF by South Park

Dundee United have clearly cut our ticket allocation as they feel they need to gain some sort of advantage. It is literally the only reason it could be. It is frustrating, however, all it does is shows us that they are nervous about the game. Ultimately all this does is plays into our hands. We know the players read our SM, they will know their club pulling this stunt is because the club don't believe in them. It is simply a massive back fire.

It's been said many times - our target for this season is the play-off's. If we win the league - wonderful. If we come second, that is job done. The only pressure at the game at Tannadice  is on United and they are already showing that they are nervous. United NEED to win, we [obviously] want to win... there is a big difference there.

All we can ask, is that our limited support make the team feel like there is 2k+ of us there.

Can't take a testimonial too seriously but good to see Micky Cameron get some minutes... he looked like he was troubling the defence and I reckon he can do a job up at Tannadice.

Ian Murray is finished at CB, his positioning was horrendous and the way another defender chipped a pass along the back line over him to Hannah suggests his colleagues don't trust him.

Was good to see McGill get minutes, he and Hannah both looked decent. The finish from Smith was good too.