The New Raith Rovers Thread

57 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Nope, says ‘May 26’ in the top right corner when viewed in apple wallet. 

Google wallet ones for me show as 25th. The Ross County site has the 26th so it should be fine. 

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

More meat, but less gravy.

Killie pies are decent, but not the best.

Arbroath blow them out of the water.

Get yourself a Staggies venison pie, things of beauty.

IMG_2943.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Get yourself a Staggies venison pie, things of beauty.

IMG_2943.jpeg

Look nice but expect they're a bit deer.

22 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Fully losing my mind at how bad an article this is. 

It features a bizarre premise that the game somehow evoked an era where all games kicked off at 3pm, despite it being an evening kick off, and harks back to (presumably?) the 50s despite the very significant involvement and referencing of VAR, Sky Sports, laddies chucking flares on the park, and Lady Gaga. 

From articles on the Rovers that Alan Turing would have difficulty deciphering to printing unionist propaganda in a paper sold predominantly to an SNP voting demographic, it's safe to say that the once excellent FFP has lost its way. 

47 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

From articles on the Rovers that Alan Turing would have difficulty deciphering to printing unionist propaganda in a paper sold predominantly to an SNP voting demographic, it's safe to say that the once excellent FFP has lost its way. 

Utter dug meat from a once important paper now local rag with little function other than seeing its editor through to retirement. 

"Big games, of course, mean a big media presence - it’s been a while since TV gantries were built in the old enclosure"

BBC are here regular and their gantry is left active for the whole season. In terms of being used well if you consider 6 days a long time! 

Poor attempt at writing a "Nutmeg" jumper for goalposts style review. You need to be a football fan and a far better writer to pull that off. 

37 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Utter dug meat from a once important paper now local rag with little function other than seeing its editor through to retirement. 

"Big games, of course, mean a big media presence - it’s been a while since TV gantries were built in the old enclosure"

BBC are here regular and their gantry is left active for the whole season. In terms of being used well if you consider 6 days a long time! 

Poor attempt at writing a "Nutmeg" jumper for goalposts style review. You need to be a football fan and a far better writer to pull that off. 

The FFP Is nothing more than a Fife Leader free rag these days, if anyone still remembers that. They get all their scoops from P&B, that’s the level of their “journalism”

Couldn’t be bothered with driving up and down from Glasgow on Sunday so had a nice drive up today to a wee hotel in Strathpeffer! Lovely wee part of the country to be fair.

on to the game, we need to deal with the county press a bit more and pass it about. High cross balls are clearly not an effective tactic but low drilled crosses making the defenders turn on their heels will be effective! 

To still be in with a shot at this after a poor first game and a lot of poor/average minutes against Thistle is incredible. Mon the Rovers! 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, third lanark said:

How do they compare to Killies?

Always found Killie pies to be overrated. Oor pies are better than theirs IMO

Edited by Kooz92

Think I woke up every hour on the hour last night, could barely sleep and then I’ve went over every possible scenario of how this game could go in my head.

Miserable weather on the drive up, stopped at Pitlochry to charge my car and the rain had stopped.  But it’s started utterly pissing it down again.

Oh No No No podcast has been listened to, so I guess it’s just playing Geordie Munro on repeat till I get to Dingwall now.  Times like these that I should have dug out the old Rovers album from the 90s that I had on cassette.