The New Raith Rovers Thread

Great signing for Raith, watched all the games between the side this season and what was glaring was Raiths inability to pass out of defence, when under pressure, which is an integral part of most sides,  Fordyce can do this with ease ..

He was a great servant and is probably on his last decent contract at 32,   wish him all the very best...

7 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Wait, so was Fordyce in Murray's plans if we went up? 🤨 This probably spells the end for Watson I'd imagine. 

Pretty sure Airdrie announced he was leaving (out of the blue) when we lost on Sunday. Was maybe one of those players lined up for thr Championship rather than Premiership.

Cant see Hanlon coming in now-he was maybe the Premiership option.

Still waiting on Stevenson but we've been waiting for about 4 years now for that one. 

I would have thought we'd announce the retained list before any new signings.

With this signing I can't see us getting Hanlon as well. We'll re-sign Corr for cover and Dick for the cover of the cover and Brown would be there for the cover of the cover of the cover if worst came to worst.

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Still waiting on Stevenson but we've been waiting for about 4 years now for that one. 

I would have thought we'd announce the retained list before any new signings.

That’s nothing, we have been waiting on Gary Glen for about 15 years!

6 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Great signing for Raith, watched all the games between the side this season and what was glaring was Raiths inability to pass out of defence, when under pressure, which is an integral part of most sides,  Fordyce can do this with ease ..

He was a great servant and is probably on his last decent contract at 32,   wish him all the very best...

I assume he can play as part of a back 3 easily too? Murray has talked about wanting to have that option as well, but its not something all players can do easily

Just now, Raithie said:

With this signing I can't see us getting Hanlon as well. We'll re-sign Corr for cover and Dick for the cover of the cover and Brown would be there for the cover of the cover of the cover if worst came to worst.

Aye! You've got it covered!🫣

7 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Our last 2 defenders who were good at playing out from the back was Benedictus and Davidson (Davo being a former midfielder of course) and once the left it was only really Tom Lang but he was not long back from injury and played just that season then moved on.

both Murray and Watson are old school defenders and ain’t great at playing out and your right that was a big difference between us in the games having no one who could do it 

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I assume he can play as part of a back 3 easily too? Murray has talked about wanting to have that option as well, but its not something all players can do easily

If we want to play a 3 atb we need fullbacks who can also play as wing backs up and down the pitch for 90 mins but I trust Murray and the recruitment team to have a plan in place for it 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

You can basically play him any formation,  normally plays left centre half and knows how to defend , I know that sounds silly,   a criticism I always had was he is very quiet and lacks a bit of pace..  

A good 7 out of 10 every week, first name on the team sheet etc..

3 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Our last 2 defenders who were good at playing out from the back was Benedictus and Davidson (Davo being a former midfielder of course) 

:lol:

Jesus, man. I appreciate it's all about opinions, but if you had a Scottish Footballing Dictionary, those two would be under the definition of 'meat and potatoes'.