The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

When you’ve a Dick with the range and accuracy shown in the Partick match, I’d say he’d be CB cover and a wingback.

Yeah he was decent in that game but not so much the rest of the season 

Take it I'm not the only person who is now checking the Rovers twitter account every couple of hours each day just to see if they happen to make a post about the weather?

Brilliant interview with Andy Barrowman. It doesn't surprise me but it's really pleasing that the club haven't closed the office and headed on holiday.

Raith TV can we have more of this type of interview please? Sorry if it sounds greedy I just really like them.

Really pleased with Fordyce, maybe its decision time for Corr. Stay and learn or seek more games elsewhere.

Would like to see another option up top and a right back. If Byrne goes then surely Mathews stays (would keep both) 

Screenshot_20240530-121354.thumb.png.22d2459841824817fab01e419f4f5986.png

Nice to see a bit of acknowledgement from the SPFL on the bottom paragraph. Much like Davie said in the raith TV interview he did with Barrowman, when the first target for a crowd was sat at 3,000 I was completely cynical. 

The club have done incredibly well to raise the bar. The organisation within the club was set up far too much with keeping everything the same as it's ever been. The real proof will come through in the profit and loss margins, but even then there's a feeling that things are setting up nicely for the future. 

13 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Screenshot_20240530-121354.thumb.png.22d2459841824817fab01e419f4f5986.png

Nice to see a bit of acknowledgement from the SPFL on the bottom paragraph. Much like Davie said in the raith TV interview he did with Barrowman, when the first target for a crowd was sat at 3,000 I was completely cynical. 

The club have done incredibly well to raise the bar. The organisation within the club was set up far too much with keeping everything the same as it's ever been. The real proof will come through in the profit and loss margins, but even then there's a feeling that things are setting up nicely for the future. 

Also sounds like from Barrowmans interview that the target is 3000 season ticket sales for upcoming season. Wasn't that long ago when anything over 1200 season ticket sales was seen as good going for us. 

2 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

It is good to see the despite all the complaints about Scottish football that there is still the appetite for it across the board.

The collateral damage to all this is we're still stuck with Cockwomble.

Not surprised at the increase in Championship attendances. It's far more interesting and competitive than the Premiership and much better value for money. 

If we sell 3000 season tickets then that is quite unbelievable from where we were 18 months ago. 

Your attendance stats are impressive, there's no getting away from that.

Us (& Airdrie) replacing Cove & Hamilton would surely explain a chunk of the overall increase as well. 

29 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Us (& Airdrie) replacing Cove & Hamilton would surely explain a chunk of the overall increase as well. 

Without doubt, and I'd expect both of our crowds increasing a bit more if things continue in the same vein with the addition of Falkirk and their humungous crowds

30 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Dundee United would have larger crowds than Dundee aswell I think. 

3 hours ago, SanStarko said:

Take it I'm not the only person who is now checking the Rovers twitter account every couple of hours each day just to see if they happen to make a post about the weather?

Easton staying with increased offer

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm guessing it might be whatever we sold this season.

Not sure what the numbers were in the 90s when we were in the prem but in recent times I'm sure this was the record 

33 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Charlie Telfer ??

I'm hoping any midfielder signed will have a presence about him. Someone that can win the aerial battle fron Dabrowski's kicks or opposition keepers to keep pressure on the opposition.