The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Rumour that Easton is staying and has already done the pictures etc for release to media / us. Not sure how accurate and not from the same person who told me that Stevenson was 100% done prior to announcement.

Really don’t think Byrne will be here next season which is a blow. Really good player at this level albeit lacks pace. 

Byrne will be a loss if he doesn't come back. but I think it'll be softened by the return to form of Matthews. Admittedly he's been a makeshift right back, having him back in midfield with Brown and Stanton will be great.   

If he signs a new deal

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

McCabe just signed a new contract last week. 

Doesn’t mean much these days when it comes to managers. Sure we’d get a bit of compo for Murray so no issues sorting Airdrie out.

Saying that Gray odds on for Hibs job now.

8 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Rumour that Easton is staying and has already done the pictures etc for release to media / us. Not sure how accurate and not from the same person who told me that Stevenson was 100% done prior to announcement.

Really don’t think Byrne will be here next season which is a blow. Really good player at this level albeit lacks pace. 

Would be unfortunate to miss out on Byrne but not a shock, he obviously seemed to enjoy play for us which is great but he’s been at Livingston and the Pars in the past so either could be his destination next season. I’m sure there’ll be plenty interest from several clubs in this league as he’s a decent player. 

I'm not sure Byrne would be a big loss, he spent time on the bench and as has been said he's not the quickest. Nice footballer and passer but we need some aggression in their as we are too easily bullied. 

18 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

McCabe just signed a new contract last week. 

Aye, and IM signed one a wee while ago. Comp for Murray, were he to go, would pay for McCabe, or anyone else.

Hopefully hear this week who’s staying / going, what’s happening with tickets next season and who we’re playing preseason. If Hibs could let everyone know who their manager is that would also be great. Still think it’ll be Gray with MM to guide him but who knows with Hibs. Amazes me the amount of time Hibs and Aberdeen seem to spend in the bottom 6, both should really be comfortably in the top 6 most seasons with their fan bases.  

27 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm not sure Byrne would be a big loss, he spent time on the bench and as has been said he's not the quickest. Nice footballer and passer but we need some aggression in their as we are too easily bullied. 

Huge loss IMO, the one player in the middle of the park that actually does put his foot on the ball and look for a pass.

Can take the ball under pressure, retain it and do something positive, huge player in terms of nouce and winning free kicks. Just a shame he get's a complete nose bleed when an opportunity to shoot comes round.

Understand he would have been on good money at Dundee and what he is looking for is probably beyond us, but to say he's no big loss is disingenuous in my opinion.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Aye, and IM signed one a wee while ago. Comp for Murray, were he to go, would pay for McCabe, or anyone else.

The money Hibs can afford to pay us would be disproportionate to what we can pay Airdrie even if we receive compensation. Murray has emotional ties to Hibs, whereas we're just another team at the same level to McCabe. 

If Murray goes, then we should be going for Courts. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The money Hibs can afford to pay us would be disproportionate to what we can pay Airdrie even if we receive compensation. Murray has emotional ties to Hibs, whereas we're just another team at the same level to McCabe. 

You’re on the wind up surely?

28 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

100% this. If we did lose IM, Courts is my 1st choice for a replacement.

59 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Hopefully hear this week who’s staying / going, what’s happening with tickets next season and who we’re playing preseason. If Hibs could let everyone know who their manager is that would also be great. Still think it’ll be Gray with MM to guide him but who knows with Hibs. Amazes me the amount of time Hibs and Aberdeen seem to spend in the bottom 6, both should really be comfortably in the top 6 most seasons with their fan bases.  

Only us and Airdrie outstanding on the Season Ticket front. On PATG, it’s seven clubs outstanding, and the Accies have already shocked with a £26 walkup price for adults.

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Only us and Airdrie outstanding on the Season Ticket front. On PATG, it’s seven clubs outstanding, and the Accies have already shocked with a £26 walkup price for adults.

Judging by the number of Airdrie lads we now seem to have nicked off them our board are probably waiting on their prices so we can copy them.

s reactions mr GIF

16 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Judging by the number of Airdrie lads we now seem to have nicked off them our board are probably waiting on their prices so we can copy them.

s reactions mr GIF

Best add £4 to each one based upon last year…

39 minutes ago, anonionanawnoo said:

Unlikely this will happen, fairly sure he left Kelty Hearts in acrimonious circumstances

More likely to see Tam Courts in the Rovers dugout than Rhys McCabe this summer.